Australian English Translation

PhatPixel

Question

I need to make a change to the language strings for use in Australia as we must display the term "Tax Invoice" and not just "Invoice" on the invoice itself (in other locations, it can just be called an "invoice" though).  Which language file do I edit in order to make this change?

9 answers to this question

I've located the file to change at ~/components/invoice_templates/default_invoice/language/[Language Code]/default_invoice.php

The strings to change are:

• $lang['DefaultInvoice.type_active']
  • $lang['DefaultInvoice.type_draft']
  • $lang['DefaultInvoice.type_void']

Would it possible to have an English AU translation in the crowdsourced translator?  This could be based on UK English (ideally, if complete) or US English with some minor modifications.

Would it possible to have an English AU translation in the crowdsourced translator?  This could be based on UK English (ideally, if complete) or US English with some minor modifications.

We do have en_uk available for translation at http://translate.blesta.com. How similar is AU to UK English? They seem pretty similar to me, but I'm not British or Australian, so I can only assume there are some nuances at least.

The language itself is almost identical to UK English, but there are indeed nuances such as the aforementioned "Tax Invoice" and "ABN" is more appropriate instead of "Tax ID/VATIN".  These are just two I've initially observed, there are bound to be more.

What's ABN? Account Banking Number?

Yeah UK and AU are the same except aussie's go "G'day mate" where we would go "Good day mate" haha :D

I'm now migrating from version 2.5 to 3.1 and have run into this issue again.  I have been able to find the strings in the language file to rename references from VATIN to ABN, but need to relabel the word "Invoice" as it appears at the top of the printed/PDF invoice to "Tax Invoice" as it is a requirement of the Australian Taxation Office.  Can anyone assist with the language definition that I need to update?  Thanks!

I'm now migrating from version 2.5 to 3.1 and have run into this issue again.  I have been able to find the strings in the language file to rename references from VATIN to ABN, but need to relabel the word "Invoice" as it appears at the top of the printed/PDF invoice to "Tax Invoice" as it is a requirement of the Australian Taxation Office.  Can anyone assist with the language definition that I need to update?  Thanks!

I think I may have emailed you earlier about this, but the exact terms to update are:

$lang['DefaultInvoice.type_active'] = "INVOICE";
$lang['DefaultInvoice.type_draft'] = "INVOICE - DRAFT";
$lang['DefaultInvoice.type_void'] = "INVOICE - VOID";

in /components/invoice_templates/default_invoice/language/en_us/default_invoice.php

Note that if you're using an AU language rather than the default US language, as set in Blesta, you will need to update (and create if it does not exist) an AU copy of the file under /components/invoice_templates/default_invoice/language/en_au/default_invoice.php

Was there ever any movement towards a localised EN_AU language file for Blesta? I checked the https://translate.blesta.com/ location but could not see anything.

How do we get something going that will help us Aussie customers :)

The OP has some big points. I also need to change the VAT stuff to ABN and the printed invoice needs to have Tax Invoice printed on it. There are a few other nuances in the Australian language that would be great to bring into the software.

cheers