Text Replacement In Pdf Footer

PhatPixel

Question

In Blesta v2.5, I modified ~/inc/invoice-tcpdf.class.php to replace the text "[crn]" in the invoice footer with a client-specific code for the BPAY payment system used in Australia.  In my instance, the CRN (or Customer Reference Number) is a zero-padded five-digit Client ID plus a MOD 10 check digit.  Which file would I need to edit in v3 to allow me to achieve the same result?

It would be great if there could be a new Type of Client Custom Field such as "Formula" which allowed the automatic calculation of this, but this field would also need to be accessible as a variable in the invoice.

Any suggestions?

4 answers to this question

I can't find it, however I believe you will probably end up editing: /components/invoice_templates/default_invoice/default_invoice_pdf.php or the language file in /components/invoice_templates/default_invoice/language/en_us/default_invoice.php

Paul, Cody and Tyson can help you though :).

Any changes to the invoice template should be requested as a feature request.

Editing the invoice template as suggested would be the way to go. You could also create your own invoice template, since v3 supports additional templates.. and make the changes to your new template. This would prevent it from being overwritten in any upgrades.

I'm not quite sure if any changes to the invoice templte are possible. But maybe there are some ways how  it can be manifested. Usually I use Adobe Acrobat, because it's easy to figure out how to use it ( at least for me). I've also ran into this site  https://pdfliner.com/ds_11_form but I still prefer to use adobe rather then this one. But you could try both. Maybe it will help you and something'll be more convenient.