Downloads / Uploads

netwise99

Greetings,

I understand there is a facility to offer downloads to public or customers.

Is there a facility to allow customers to Upload files? An example would be a customer buys a vanner ad. The welcome email instructs them where to upload their image etc.

Maybe using the ticketing systenm would work? Would just like to hear others thoughts...

Bob

Greetings,

I understand there is a facility to offer downloads to public or customers.

Is there a facility to allow customers to Upload files? An example would be a customer buys a vanner ad. The welcome email instructs them where to upload their image etc.

Maybe using the ticketing systenm would work? Would just like to hear others thoughts...

Bob

They can attach them in tickets. I've had clients uploading .pdt files to tickets, etc.

Ok I must be missing something in my setup. When trying to attach a file to a ticket I get a "The file could not be written error.

When I look under settings>system>general the file uploads box is empty and says its not writable. I created a folder, put its path in this box and made sure its permissions were set to 777 and it still displays not writeable...

Anyone point me in the direction to resolve this? I looked at the docs but  didnt see anything ...

Ok I must be missing something in my setup. When trying to attach a file to a ticket I get a "The file could not be written error.

When I look under settings>system>general the file uploads box is empty and says its not writable. I created a folder, put its path in this box and made sure its permissions were set to 777 and it still displays not writeable...

Anyone point me in the direction to resolve this? I looked at the docs but  didnt see anything ...

You need a uploads folder, if you haven't got one.

To set this up you need /home/username/uploads/ if you have the uploads folder outside the public_html folder for security, else you need it as /home/username/public_html/uploads or /home/username/public_html/billing/uploads/

You need a uploads folder, if you haven't got one.

To set this up you need /home/username/uploads/ if you have the uploads folder outside the public_html folder for security, else you need it as /home/username/public_html/uploads or /home/username/public_html/billing/uploads/

Ok that helped ... I set it up in the admin s you suggested, and it now says writeable, however I still get the "The file could not be written." error when trying to open a ticket with an attachment.

Is there somewhere that I have to define acceptable file types?

Ok that helped ... I set it up in the admin s you suggested, and it now says writeable, however I still get the "The file could not be written." error when trying to open a ticket with an attachment.

Is there somewhere that I have to define acceptable file types?

Is it a new ticket? old ones wouldn't of been saved as they couldn't of been uploaded?

If it's a new ticket, open your uploads folder and make a new folder called 1 "That's your company number by default unless you have more"

Then inside that 1 make a new folder called support_manager_files "That's where your support manager will upload your attachments"

eg: uploads/1/support_manager_files

Ok, on the admin side I put /home/username/uploads/1/support_mager_files/ in the uploads box and the system sees it as writeable (using my correct username).

I then logged out, cleared cache & cookies and logged in as a user to create a ticket and still get the file could not be written error. I am about ready to commit script murder LOL, na .. just frustrated that I struggle to get the simplest of things to work LOL.

Ok, on the admin side I put /home/username/uploads/1/support_mager_files/ in the uploads box and the system sees it as writeable (using my correct username).

I then logged out, cleared cache & cookies and logged in as a user to create a ticket and still get the file could not be written error. I am about ready to commit script murder LOL, na .. just frustrated that I struggle to get the simplest of things to work LOL.

Upload folder url should just be /home/username/uploads/

Upload folder url should just be /home/username/uploads/

This is correct.

The application knows where, under this path, where to put other files and directories.

Make sure you have a "system" and a "1" directory in uploads, and that their are writable. The rest will happen automatically, and you just use the /home/username/uploads/ path to your uploads directory in the setting.

• 2 years later...

I'm getting the "The file could not be written" whenever I try to "Add Attachment" on a ticket.  It will let me choose the file, when I click Update Ticket, I get that error.

In my  Settings/System/General, I have this for "Uploads Directory"

/home/mydomainname/public_html/uploads/  and it has the green checkmark with Writable.

In my uploads directory, I have a "1", "system", "invoices" and "tickets" directories.  All are set to 777.

I'm lost on what else to try?