Special Characters In Password Make It Impossible To Poll Tickets

velaware

1. Description of the issue.

When an email's password has special characters (tested w/ $ and @) I'm unable to poll the inbox of the account for tickets.  However, if I have passwords without special characters in it, everything is fine.

2. Steps required to reproduce the issue.

See above.

3. Any errors. (The "Oh Noes" error pages are very helpful.)

There's no errors, at least from what I can find.  Neither from CLI, logs, web UI...but tickets aren't being polled.

4. The URL the error occurred on, relative to the installation path, ie "/admin/login".

N/A

5. Screenshots.

N/A

6. OS, and version of Blesta, PHP & MySQL.

Ubuntu 13.04, Blesta 3.0.0, PHP 5.4.9 w/ XCache, MySQL 5.5.31

When an email's password has special characters (tested w/ $ and @) I'm unable to poll the inbox of the account for tickets.  However, if I have passwords without special characters in it, everything is fine.

I assume by "poll" you mean POP3/IMAP. If so, I'm unable to duplicate.

This password works just fine:

!@#$%^&*(){}"'<,>/=_;

Where are you trying to pull tickets in from? Maybe the server doesn't like special characters in passwords.

This uses the PHP IMAP library, specifically imap_open, which will by default attempt the same credentials 3 times before giving up. Is it possible you entered the wrong password and your mail server temporarily blocked you?

I can't see this being a Blesta issue since Blesta simply passes the password along unmodified to the IMAP library. There have been a number of bug fixes in PHP since 5.4.9 related to IMAP, though I'm not sure if any deal with this directly.

I want to add on here my passwords are all 32-40 characters long, include a-z, A-Z, 0-9 @#$%&*-+()!:;/? and I have had no issues on that front.

Using PHP 5.4.17

Ditto. My passwords are of similar length and also use special characters and it works fine. I'm also on PHP 5.4.17.

2. Steps required to reproduce the issue.

See above.

3. Any errors. (The "Oh Noes" error pages are very helpful.)

There's no errors, at least from what I can find.  Neither from CLI, logs, web UI...but tickets aren't being polled.

4. The URL the error occurred on, relative to the installation path, ie "/admin/login".

N/A

5. Screenshots.

N/A

6. OS, and version of Blesta, PHP & MySQL.

Ubuntu 13.04, Blesta 3.0.0, PHP 5.4.9 w/ XCache, MySQL 5.5.31

Are you still having this issue? With our inability to duplicate, it may be more of an issue with something outside of Blesta.