Blesta 4.X beta with trial? cPanel extended

jae

Question

I'm looking for a sales/customer panel solution. I quickly narrowed it down to WHMCS and blesta. I've installed blesta and really liking it so far. I was wondering if it's possible to try the new beta version, but it seems only customers have access to it.

I'm mainly interested in the cPanel extended and possibly the blesta CMS addon as well. From glossing the threads over it seems cPanel extended does support 4.0, but 3.x support was dropped. I'm in the initial process of setting up my site, so I was really hoping to be able to test out 4 and have the ability to use the latest versions of these plugins...so my main question is if it would be possible to continue my trial on 4.x.

I also noticed the github for the extended project was down? https://github.com/CyanDarkInc/cPanel-Extended/

11 answers to this question

3 hours ago, evolvewh said:

Sorry to hijack this thread. I'm a bit concerned that this repo for cPanel Extended doesn't exist either. It's going to cause a lot of work if we have to switch to another cPanel module. Maybe it's time to go back to the core cPanel module and stop using 3rd party for this reason.

Yeah, I wonder why he removed the repository. I want to add some extended features to the included cPanel module, but first I want to implement a new access control option for module management features. Basically, on the Package you'd be able to select which module management "tabs" the client should be able to access. Some people don't want customers to have access to all of the management options.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Yeah, I wonder why he removed the repository. I want to add some extended features to the included cPanel module, but first I want to implement a new access control option for module management features. Basically, on the Package you'd be able to select which module management "tabs" the client should be able to access. Some people don't want customers to have access to all of the management options.

You're talking about the same way that cPanel Extended lets the admin turn off certain cPanel features in the client area, right?

2 hours ago, evolvewh said:

You're talking about the same way that cPanel Extended lets the admin turn off certain cPanel features in the client area, right?

Do you have a screenshot of that? It sounds similar, but I wasn't aware that module allowed you to disable certain management features.

13 hours ago, evolvewh said:

Sorry to hijack this thread. I'm a bit concerned that this repo for cPanel Extended doesn't exist either. It's going to cause a lot of work if we have to switch to another cPanel module. Maybe it's time to go back to the core cPanel module and stop using 3rd party for this reason.

cPanel Extended still in development, But we are working in a new version from scratch, specially designed for Blesta 4. :blesta: