Api Help -- Matching User_Id To Client_Id... Or Different Logic?

CraigA

Hello all,

I'm trying to write something based on the API SDK

$api = new BlestaApi($url, $user, $key);
$response = $api->get("users", "getByUsername", array('username' => $_GET["username"]));
$valid = $api->get("users","validatePasswordEquals", array('password' => $_GET["password"], 'user_id' => $response->response()->id));

//setCustomField( integer $field_id, integer $client_id, string $value )
//getCustomField( integer $field_id, integer $company_id = null )
$cf = $api->get("Clients","getCustomField", array('field_id' => 5));

print_r($response->response());
print_r($valid->response());
print_r($cf->response());
print_r($response->errors());

I'm pretty sure someone is going to tell me my logic is wrong here.  Basically what I was going to do here is something along the lines of:
if $valid->response() = 1
    setCustomField(blah blah blah)

The issue I'm having is although both the client_id and user_id exist in the 'clients' database table, I'm not sure how to equate the user_id to the client_id so that I can use the 'setCustomField' call.

Any help/suggestions/reprimand for not doing this the correct way/pointers on how to do it the correct way?

Thanks,

Craig

The user_id is a unique field per client. You can call Clients::getByUserId() to fetch the client.

Something like the below may be what you're looking for:

<?php
$user = $api->get("users", "getByUsername", array('username' => $_GET['username']))->response();

if ($user) {
    $password_matches = $api->get("users", "checkPassword", array('password' => $_GET['password'], 'stored_hash' => $user->password))->response();
    $client = $api->get("clients", "getByUserId", array('user_id' => $user->id))->response();

if ($password_matches && $client) {
        $api->post("clients", "setCustomField", array('field_id' => 5, 'client_id' => $client->id, 'value' => "my_new_value"));
    }
}
?>