Auto Cancel Plugin + Invoice

evolvewh

Question

We've just started using the Auto Cancel plugin and we had an open invoice and the plugin set to cancel an account 21 days after the invoice due date. The account cancelled but the invoice remained open and naturally, the client paid the invoice after the service was cancelled and removed from the server.

Good thing for backups!

Is this standard behavior for this plugin or should it have cancelled the associated invoice as well?

10 answers to this question

Had the same Issue, but Died with It, We used it on a live system tho, I was surprised when almost 200 suspended services were activated + pending services were activated as well.

It deleted even voided invoices.

But the good thing was that Blesta automatically generated invoices again for the services, so most of the services were suspended again. Importing a backup was not an option for us since still services which were suspended will still be left suspended.  

A service with a scheduled cancellation date should not renew if the cancellation date is the same as the next renew date or sooner. No invoices are voided at the time of cancellation, but no invoice should be generated for the next term if it's scheduled for cancellation. The auto cancel plugin scheduled cancellations, and the system performs them. So, it may depend on how you have it configured.

On 2/26/2017 at 4:59 PM, Paul said:

A service with a scheduled cancellation date should not renew if the cancellation date is the same as the next renew date or sooner. No invoices are voided at the time of cancellation, but no invoice should be generated for the next term if it's scheduled for cancellation. The auto cancel plugin scheduled cancellations, and the system performs them. So, it may depend on how you have it configured.

In this case, there was an invoice created that the customer usually pays and we were not notified that they weren't going to pay it. We had the plugin set up to just cancel a service x amount of days after the existing invoice was due. The plugin cancelled the service but it left the original invoice open so that even after the service was gone, the client was able to pay that open invoice and assumed their service would be re activated even though it was already deleted.

I will admit that we may have not configured this the 'right way' or the 'best way' and we recovered from the issue to keep our client happy. I'm just trying to learn more about the intended function / use so we can do a better job of implementing its use in the future.

I see what you're saying. I suppose it would be normal that there would be a past due invoice. Per the docs - https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Auto+Cancel the plugin schedules for cancellation a service that is suspended. The service is suspended because there is an invoice that is unpaid, so it's natural that the service would be scheduled for cancellation because of a past due invoice.

However, the plugin does not void the past due invoice. Perhaps this would be a good feature request, to void the invoice. I'm not sure this would be best suited for the plugin, or as a setting to the core when actually performing the cancellation as the plugin only schedules the cancellation.

On 3/2/2017 at 3:28 PM, Paul said:

I see what you're saying. I suppose it would be normal that there would be a past due invoice. Per the docs - https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Auto+Cancel the plugin schedules for cancellation a service that is suspended. The service is suspended because there is an invoice that is unpaid, so it's natural that the service would be scheduled for cancellation because of a past due invoice.

However, the plugin does not void the past due invoice. Perhaps this would be a good feature request, to void the invoice. I'm not sure this would be best suited for the plugin, or as a setting to the core when actually performing the cancellation as the plugin only schedules the cancellation.

It's my fault for not reading the docs but I will make a feature request to cancel any open invoice associated with the service being removed. Once the service is gone, I think the client should have to re order it and start over if that's what they choose to do.

Feature request has been made here

On 03/02/2017 at 10:28 PM, Paul said:

Oppps . This issue normally fixed in v4 b2 !!! Or i dream

https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-1686