Error 1023 - Plesk Onyx - NAT

theone85ca

Question

Hello,

I'm getting error ...

1023 Unable to get ip id by address <PUBLIC IP> from db.

... with the Plesk module installed in Blesta. It seems like Blesta passes the customer information but gets stuck creating the domains etc in Plesk. I've posted on the Plesk forums too but I dont seem to be getting anywhere there. I should note that im setup on a Google Cloud Compute Engine so am NAT'd which im sure is the issue but I just can't seem to pin this one down.

I think, that is done via ..../admin/settings/company/modules/manage/3/

Add a package just for server (x) and other for server (y)

Your packages might have names like admin_packageone .... and the other server nimda_packageone (depending on server name/IP ...

And if you group the servers, you should be able to run the same package name. I am not that long on Blesta, but my understanding is, one server = full, the next in the group ised. The you need the same  serer_package in both

5 minutes ago, Tiny said:

I think, that is done via ..../admin/settings/company/modules/manage/3/

Add a package just for server (x) and other for server (y)

I know...but that was not case I was talked about...this case is when you have one/same server with  5 IP address for example and you want set one IP for first package....than different IP for second....

Also this issue with NATed server is only related to Plesk module....Also I never looked how WHMCS handle this and as I remeber there we didn't had issues with NATed servers while we used WHMCS....I just can't remember does plesk module in WHMCS has field list of IPs like it has in cPanel module and did I have to set private IP in this field.

It was long time ago,I moved to Blesta in 2014 while WHMCS 5 was latest version..but I know I didn't have to edit module in WHMCS for NATed servers.

Why you want the server NATed? There is no real  reason for this.

Open up the router/firewall.

. iI am not expert in PHP, but with ssh AND NAT you might need to add/change different ports, if and when NATed. In PHP it might be similar, you might have to add a port to you IP? 

something like xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:2234 , to get to the other IP, because the standard port :22 is likely used for the local IP?

Sorry, your forum link does not work for me

Screenshot from 2018-09-26 15-21-38.png

3 hours ago, Tiny said:

Why you want the server NATed? There is no real  reason for this.

Open up the router/firewall.

. iI am not expert in PHP, but with ssh AND NAT you might need to add/change different ports, if and when NATed. In PHP it might be similar, you might have to add a port to you IP? 

something like xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:2234 , to get to the other IP, because the standard port :22 is likely used for the local IP?

Sorry, your forum link does not work for me

Screenshot from 2018-09-26 15-21-38.png

Oh, ...it is not that what you think...server is already port forwarded problem is because before creating webspace/hosting account there is validation process to check is IP address of future hosting account existing on the server and because public IP fetched from module settings is checked and compared with server IP which is private IP...there is mismatch and as result only client is added to Plesk without hosting account.

When it comes to questioning why someone want NATed server... ....providers use different cloud or virtualization environments and software and most of these are designed to provision NATed servers....it is not like you have the option..even you can search for provider that offer for example VPS without NAT but NAT has own advantages and some users want it for many different reasons...this is simple problem with Plesk module.

@theone85ca

Google cloud is worst option for servers you intend to use for selling hosting,I must say they have most idiotic practice on the planet..they provision servers with not only blocked outgoing port 25(which should be only port blocked when want to disable users to send from SMTP servers)but they also block 587 and 465 ports which disable relaying..and worst thing..in next paragraph they recommend SendGrid, Mailgun, and Mailjet  but any of these to be used you have to relay for which you need port 465 and 587...I have really said opinion about their staff who do this and write https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/tutorials/sending-mail/

Edit..they seems they corrected this thing with ports 465 and 587..I have server there and remember they had blocked ports for relaying while suggesting to use it :)

When it comes to plesk server behind NAT and blesta...you have two options...implement this tweak suggested at previous page and after that, it will work on auto pilot or you can add private IP as second IP in Plesk(put private IP in first field while leaving a second field reserved for mapping IP empty) and in this case blesta will create account but you will have to go to plesk and switch to first IP manually  every time new account is created since domains will be linked to wrong IP and when you visit any domain it will just show default plesk page every time instead files from hosting account.

I know, plesk is very popular. So hundreds, if not more would search and ask for solution. That would have been fixed within hours or a few days. Also Blest is pretty popular. I doubt, you are the only one and then affected.

That must be something else, a simple setting or config issue, which nobody here notices.

I have a few servers with NAT, I just need them for my work, all VPS. I only connect via public IP, no local IP. I only can approach them via different ports, same as my staff, who are working on there, also me.

Different for different user groups and admins. ANd a similar config I would also would attempt with plesk, if you need NAT. I am sure, that pretty near, why you get the setups on the wrong IP