Moving Blesta To A New Host, New License

gunnston

Hello!

I am currently in the process of switching hosting companies.  My 'old' hosting company supplied a complementary license to Blesta and I have since been a big fan.  

My new hosting company doesn't offer the same 'deal,' and I will be purchasing a license.  

My question is, I've been looking at two articles describing process and I'm not positive which one I should use.  

I have been backing up my current installation of Blesta regularly, but from what I've read I cannot just import from a backup.  Is this correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  This is the last piece of the puzzle in switching domains.  

Thank you in advance. 

6 hours ago, gunnston said:

I have been backing up my current installation of Blesta regularly, but from what I've read I cannot just import from a backup.  Is this correct?

It depends on your backup. If you follow this guide though, you should do well - https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Moving+Blesta

If your backup has all of your Blesta installation files and your MySQL database, then your backup should have all you need, but it could be a little out dated depending on when your backup was performed.