Question

Internetport

Question

We have downloaded blesta and need to custom it and some future. MY question here , we are using another billing solution today and we are currently sending 1000+ invoices on renewed services every day , can blesta handle it or do we need to do some invoice que and email que that are sending out this invoices , like invoice xxxx sent CHECK OK , go to next invoice xxxx2 sent CHECK OK , go to next invoice xxxx3 CHECK OK

I think if blesta sent out all invoice in same time system will not handle it.

regards,

Peter

4 answers to this question

I suggest using a transactional email service like Mailgun for SMTP mail in Blesta. It's fast and there would no need to rate limit. The issue with rate limits is, of course, that people with a large number of recipients may not see all the email go out for a very long time.

Blesta does start a new SMTP connection after a certain number of recipients as well, so this does slow it down some. I don't think we've heard from anybody that had an actual issue from too many emails.

We are open to setting rate limits in the Mass Mailer plugin in a future release, but I'm curious to see how many people ask for it.

@Internetport just a quick note as well. A different process creates invoices as emails them out. So, sending email will not inhibit the creation of invoices in any way. When they are sent, they are marked as sent as they go out. So, if for some reason some do not go out due to an error or otherwise, they will be tried again later.