WHY BLESTA DON´T PRIORITIZE WHAT WE REALLY NEED

JDG

After the new big release of Blesta V4, I have to say that is awesome to know that you update your code to support PHP7 and make changes to the composer and the Mass Mailer option that we needed; but I want to know why you are not paying attention to what our community needs?

I think all of us agree that we need a better system for the Domain Management, is something that is very complicated at this moment and we have, to be honest, is a complete disaster. Knowing that most of the user of Blesta are business involve in the hosting industry, I think this will need to be considered top priority but is not.

Today I invite you guys to let us understand why this feature that we need urgently is not being taken into consideration.

All of us here I am 100% have custom modules or plugins that we develop to get around all of this lack of functionally blesta don’t offer. Is incredible that after 1 – 2 years asking for a better system we still waiting for blesta to come with a new system. We saw a little light in the darkness when Paul address this Domain Manager issue on August 22 -2016 but we are on March 19, 2017, and after seven months nothing new about this matter at all.

We heard that in 4.1 Maybe this will be considered but is something we need right now.

Blesta, please hear us!!!.  We loved you so much but we can’t be together if you don’t change.

*This post reflects only my personal opinion.

First of this post is "PATHETIC" and I mean really pathetic. Do you really think Blesta aren't prioritise what their customers want? How many people are on their team? Shall I tell you? FOUR. They work FULL time making Blesta. If you want them too sure <!-- snipped --> it let them do everything in a version do it like supermen and push out a buggy insecure pile of crap for you to use. Would you be happy? I bet any money you won't be.

It takes time to ensure it's stable, secure and they aren't supermen they can't push code out like it's  no tomorrow and it took a long time for v4 with the features it has because PHP7 was a pain in the arse spitting errors, PHPLibsec a vendor didn't support PHP7 so they had to patch it themselves. They had to prepare for the future with the domain system and pricing changes so they made minPHP 1.0 support all them requirements, then they didn't want to force you to be stuck without any modules / plugins so they made it backwards compatibility with minPHP 0.x.

Feel free to make your own billing system and make it secure and stable and then tell us again why Blesta aren't prioritising what you want. You'll see it takes time and dedication to make a brilliant billing system. 

Otherwise feel free to stamp your feet like a little kid moaning I want this and that and they won't listen to me... waaaaaah waaaaaah

Hey @Licensecart, be patient wit the others . if you see someone blame is because he has a cause to blame , don't forget he is talking about the most popular subject in the last 2 or 3 years here .

@jassdesi , the domain refactor will be done in v 4.1 , that was blesta promise , and @Paul was already started a post here to get what the new domain manager should do, i'm was against the way he want to implement the new domain manager, he want a plugin and i suggest make change to the packages system and the module system , as i believe domain should remain as service with some advanced features .(that way all other billing software do)

16 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

Hey @Licensecart, be patient wit the others . if you see someone blame is because he has a cause to blame , don't forget he is talking about the most popular subject in the last 2 or 3 years here .

@jassdesi , the domain refactor will be done in v 4.1 , that was blesta promise , and @Paul was already started a post here to get what the new domain manager should do, i'm was against the way he want to implement the new domain manager, he want a plugin and i suggest make change to the packages system and the module system , as i believe domain should remain as service with some advanced features .(that way all other billing software do)

The caps in the title and the way he's posted it pissed me off. there's 4 devs and it takes time to do everything they don't work 24 hours, 7 days a week they work like a real company 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday. Some people don't have a brain and realise that it takes time to code and check it and manage it only YOU would know as you are a developer. 

6 hours ago, Licensecart said:

First of this post is "PATHETIC" and I mean really pathetic. Do you really think Blesta aren't prioritise what their customers want? How many people are on their team? Shall I tell you? FOUR. They work FULL time making Blesta. If you want them too sure fuck it let them do everything in a version do it like supermen and push out a buggy insecure pile of crap for you to use. Would you be happy? I bet any money you won't be.

It takes time to ensure it's stable, secure and they aren't supermen they can't push code out like it's  no tomorrow and it took a long time for v4 with the features it has because PHP7 was a pain in the arse spitting errors, PHPLibsec a vendor didn't support PHP7 so they had to patch it themselves. They had to prepare for the future with the domain system and pricing changes so they made minPHP 1.0 support all them requirements, then they didn't want to force you to be stuck without any modules / plugins so they made it backwards compatibility with minPHP 0.x.

Feel free to make your own billing system and make it secure and stable and then tell us again why Blesta aren't prioritising what you want. You'll see it takes time and dedication to make a brilliant billing system. 

Otherwise feel free to stamp your feet like a little kid moaning I want this and that and they won't listen to me... waaaaaah waaaaaah

I was sure you are going to reply Michael and thanks for doing it that because it demonstrates that you are only here to fight back against anyone that say something bad about blesta.  For me it doesn’t matter if you are pissed off, you can take that and put it wherever you want. I don’t understand why you cannot pass over any comment is made about blesta at the end we are a community, and you are not the only person using blesta for your information.

I express myself in the way I want, and I don’t need to ask your permission but don’t worry next time I will send you a formal letter asking your permission about what I can post if that sound ok for you!!!

Everyone here understands that these changes require time but come one are you seriously telling us that in a period of 1 - 3 years blesta was not capable of doing it because they only work at office hours.

It appears that you are the owner of Phillips Data Inc, and not the Phillips brothers, come one grown up and stop bullying us we don’t need anyone telling us what to say or think about anything.

*Please don’t reply if what is going to come out of your mouth is bulls we are not here to listen to that. This post is for people who really want to see blesta become a better system.

Have an awesome day Michael you deserve it.

4 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

Thanks for your Support Blesta Addons, you know what community really means. :)

We're about to start development on the new Domain Manager system. To be perfectly honest, v4 took way longer than we expected. It was much more involved than we thought it would be, and it pushed off domains.

We're taking a hard look right now at all of the discussions about domains, and it looks like we're going to stick with the KISS principle. (Keep It Simple Stupid). Even so, improving domain support is a big deal and we're not going to let it prevent us from coming out with other releases while we work on it. It's likely that the domain system will be implemented almost entirely as a plugin, though there are some core changes that are necessary like packages being able to defer their pricing to plugins. Aside from any core dependencies, the domain plugin may be able to be released as a beta on its own where we look forward to getting more feedback from the community.

Since there are also other important things that need to be done as well, we are going to work on those things simultaneously and reduce the time to release. Domains will be included when it is ready, but we aren't going to hold back releases as a result.

I hope that makes sense, and I understand how frustrating it is not to already have better support for domains. Just know that we're working on it, alongside other things, and will release it to the community when we have something ready to test.

27 minutes ago, jassdesi said:

I was sure you are going to reply Michael and thanks for doing it that because it demonstrates that you are only here to fight back against anyone that say something bad about blesta.

Nope if you have facts and a real reason for stating bad things about Blesta then fair enough but making false accusations and stating they don't listen and priorities pointless features then I will state the truth don't like it don't post it.

29 minutes ago, jassdesi said:

For me it doesn’t matter if you are pissed off, you can take that and put it wherever you want. I don’t understand why you cannot pass over any comment is made about blesta at the end we are a community, and you are not the only person using blesta for your information.

Again to the point above you are stating a load of rubbish. You aren't a developer (I hire developers for projects and know it's not possible to code millions of lines securely in a short timeframe) and you don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

And to be fair you should know what did you plan to do? Themes what happened? People replied and your threads got hidden for it. Why did that happen? Because you don't have 100 hours a day to put everything out.

31 minutes ago, jassdesi said:

I express myself in the way I want, and I don’t need to ask your permission but don’t worry next time I will send you a formal letter asking your permission about what I can post if that sound ok for you!!!

Do what you like it's a free country and I can also express that you are stating invalid points because you think you know what goes on at Blesta. A small team can do a fraction of what a big team can do.

33 minutes ago, jassdesi said:

Everyone here understands that these changes require time but come one are you seriously telling us that in a period of 1 - 3 years blesta was not capable of doing it because they only work at office hours.

They have done a lot in 3 years and if you was active and used eyes you would see: https://dev.blesta.com/projects/CORE?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:release-page&status=released

34 minutes ago, jassdesi said:

It appears that you are the owner of Phillips Data Inc, and not the Phillips brothers, come one grown up and stop bullying us we don’t need anyone telling us what to say or think about anything.

Haha more bullshit, Paul, Cody and Tyson run and own Blesta. Even a school kid can see that and I'm not bully I'm stating the truth. I would really love to see you try and do what Blesta has done in 3 years or less with 1000% more features and requests a few have tried and many have failed including WHSuite who thought it was a walk in the park and after 3 years they closed down and went open source and that has no features what so ever: http://web.archive.org/web/20130711141112/http://whsuite.com/

37 minutes ago, jassdesi said:

*Please don’t reply if what is going to come out of your mouth is bulls we are not here to listen to that. This post is for people who really want to see blesta become a better system.

Sadly the only bulls... is coming from you.

15 minutes ago, Licensecart said:

Nope if you have facts and a real reason for stating bad things about Blesta then fair enough but making false accusations and stating they don't listen and priorities pointless features then I will state the truth don't like it don't post it.

Again to the point above you are stating a load of rubbish. You aren't a developer (I hire developers for projects and know it's not possible to code millions of lines securely in a short timeframe) and you don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

And to be fair you should know what did you plan to do? Themes what happened? People replied and your threads got hidden for it. Why did that happen? Because you don't have 100 hours a day to put everything out.

Do what you like it's a free country and I can also express that you are stating invalid points because you think you know what goes on at Blesta. A small team can do a fraction of what a big team can do.

They have done a lot in 3 years and if you was active and used eyes you would see: https://dev.blesta.com/projects/CORE?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:release-page&status=released

Haha more bullshit, Paul, Cody and Tyson run and own Blesta. Even a school kid can see that and I'm not bully I'm stating the truth. I would really love to see you try and do what Blesta has done in 3 years or less with 1000% more features and requests a few have tried and many have failed including WHSuite who thought it was a walk in the park and after 3 years they closed down and went open source and that has no features what so ever: http://web.archive.org/web/20130711141112/http://whsuite.com/

Sadly the only bulls... is coming from you.

Sure Michale whatever you say, thanks for your amazing knowledge you are a really decent person. hahaha

• Paul locked this topic