Blesta 4.0 on PHP 7

DigitalSparky

Question

Hi folks,

I just tried installing Blesta 4.0 with PHP 7.0.17 using the Ioncube loader for PHP 7 and got the following error:

Fatal error: The file .../app/models/license.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.4 and cannot run under PHP 7.0. Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6. in Unknown on line 0

So even though there is PHP 7 support for Blesta 4, looks like it needs to be re-encoded with the latest version for it to work.

7 answers to this question

btw, php5.5 and lower are EOL, and 5.6 is security supported only, so I'd personally suggest encouraging people more towards php7+ than anything else for security and continuity of service. That said, it's great that you do support php7, quite a few applications have been very behind on that.

36 minutes ago, DigitalSparky said:

btw, php5.5 and lower are EOL, and 5.6 is security supported only, so I'd personally suggest encouraging people more towards php7+ than anything else for security and continuity of service. That said, it's great that you do support php7, quite a few applications have been very behind on that.

correct Blesta doesn't force people as there are many on php 5.4, etc but they will always support the latest if ioncube does.