New Blesta install with existing cpanel users/servers

jamiepenner

Question

I've been sifting through the forums and haven't found anything recent that answers my specific scenario.   (lots of WHMCS import answers but not a vanilla install).

Looking to implement Blesta as our client billing system for hosting and custom work we do.     For the past 25 years, I've been using an in-house developed system but it's time to look at something like this and Blesta looks amazing.    

I'm not looking to import our data form our accounting system but I'm wondering if there's a way to import the packages and cPanel accounts that are already existing on the servers or at least make Blesta aware of what's already on the existing servers.     I may have completely missed it but has someone developed an importer to do this or do I have to manually create the packages and enter the users/accounts into Blesta?

Thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

Welcome!

There's not a cPanel account importer unfortunately, it's something that I'd love to build at some point. You can add existing cPanel accounts to Blesta manually by doing the following:

1. On a client profile page, click "Create Service"
  2. Select your cPanel Package and uncheck the "Use Module" option. You probably want to select NOT to invoice as well.
  3. Once it's added, go back and click the Manage link, enter the cPanel domain name (uncheck "Use Module" again).
  4. You may also need to set the next renew date under Manage with the "Change Renew Date" option

Then, just repeat for each one. So, it's some work if you have a lot of accounts, but you could move people gradually as there is time.

Thanks, Paul.    Yes, I could see this being a useful one for sure!

This looks great.   We're hoping to look at the possibility of developing some modules as well.      First thing we have to tackle is some code modifications to enable the ability to exempt one, the other, or both taxes on invoices and by user.    That's a deal breaking requirement for some of the Canadian provinces in handling sales taxes.

Cheers!

23 hours ago, jamiepenner said:

This looks great.   We're hoping to look at the possibility of developing some modules as well.      First thing we have to tackle is some code modifications to enable the ability to exempt one, the other, or both taxes on invoices and by user.    That's a deal breaking requirement for some of the Canadian provinces in handling sales taxes.

i have a customer from Spain need the same goal .some state in Spain are tax exempt . unfortunately we can't do this without core files modification . a events in the future can allow us make a plugin for this .