Database error after provisioning first SolusVM VM

Stu

Question

I have just managed to configure blesta and solusVM together and blesta has just provisioned its first openVZ VM to my test client.

I am using Blesta 4.0 and SolusVM v1.18.06

Blesta provisioned it, SolusVM has created it and my test client received the confirmation email.

As soon as I received the email blesta became unusable. I was logged in as a client on one screen and admin on the other screen, I refreshed both and all there is now is a blank white screen on both.

I turned on error reporting and it shows...

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused

whats happened?

6 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, Stu said:

looks like I ran out of memory on my low budget test server and mariadb crashed.

Restarted it and everything is fine.

How much memory do you recommend for a live production blesta install?

I used a 1 GB Droplet from DigitalOcean for about 2 years, without any problems. Now I use a 16 GB server.

Blesta don't require a lot of RAM. :blesta: 

For testing and maybe even production, depending on how many customers you have, a 512Mb instance is probably more than enough.  You may need to tune some things to work better under a lower ram environment, such as mysql, or you can supplement it by adding swap which will probably rarely get used.  An example for centos 6 is something like this https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-add-swap-on-centos-6