Server Location Choice

primemedia

So we've got a Blesta license as well as a WHMCS license. Unfortunately, we can't yet migrate everything over only because some core features required in our business are lacking. But, looking on the bright side, most of these appear to be in the pipeline for future releases :-)

Anyway, one feature that we really need, which no one has yet requested, is the ability to allow a client the option to choose their server location (shared web hosting) during checkout. Essentially, this helps to reduce the number of duplicate products in the system (products for each location with it's own link). With this option enabled, a client can simply choose the best web hosting package, signup using one link and just choose a location they wish to be in on the order form.

Currently WHMCS seem to be the only billing system that has this plugin available. Works brilliantly for us as we offer the same cPanel shared web hosting plans but in multiple locations.

I think this would be a change to the cPanel module to allow a location to be specified on each cPanel server in the module configuration, and then a service field would be created to allow the user to select from it.

It's a good idea, we'll need to look at in in more detail. If you have a recommendation of how it should be implemented, please let us know.

That should not be in the cpanel module , normally should be done via plugin , as the others do , native modules, and modules or components that add fonctionnalities to the native module .

We are waiting the cpanel extended module to see how they add the others function , I believe they need to code module that should be attached to the cpanel native module .

I'm not sure how it can be done to be honest, but I'm sure there must be a way as there's one for WHMCS which works with no problems at all!

I've spoken to ModulesGarden here, they have quoted ~$150 to develop it. I'm sure if there is enough demand they may look into it, or even if 15 people join forces and pay $10.00 each towards it we could possibly work something out with them.

• 5 years later...