[Plugin] Multi Languages System

Blesta Addons
Message added by Michael,

Important Notice:

We have received reports that this developer is not responding to support requests. Some extensions may not be compatible with newer versions of Blesta.

• 4 weeks later...

These days everything has become monthly and yearly subscription, I have to pay for so many things   and the reason I chose Blesta was I could save money but as I keep using it I understand in a long run I probably have to pay more for things to work the way that a normal billing software already does.

The other issue is also the security risk and that I do not know how long I can rely on an addon that is not the main part of Blesta. The developer might lose interest some day , stop updating it  and do you guys know what it means . It is a disaster after a few years I have to do a lot of clean up and security and .....

Probably I have to make a choice before I let Blesta take over my business . I am just starting to play with it and configuring it has already become a headache too. What a shame!  

1 hour ago, Morningstar said:

These days everything has become monthly and yearly subscription, I have to pay for so many things   and the reason I chose Blesta was I could save money but as I keep using it I understand in a long run I probably have to pay more for things to work the way that a normal billing software already does. 

I need a quote estimate addon I have to pay 25 dollars yearly  I need for languages to work the same way whmcs and other do and I need to pay 25 or 45 yearly  /. Wow  ...   

That is not good at all and I am not happy. The other issue is also the security risk and that I do not know how long I can rely on an addon that is not the main part of Blesta. The developer might lose interest some day , stop updating it  and do you guys know what it means . It is a disaster after a few years I have to do a lot of clean up and security and .....

Probably I have to make a choice before I let Blesta take over my business . I am just starting to play with it and configuring it has already become a headache too. What a shame!  

that is not true, if you buy a pro subscription you get access to all plugins available for this subscription, in your case Multi-languages and Quote are both available in the pro subscription with more than 15 others addons, from this link you can see what every subscription level offer https://blesta-addons.com/plugin/membership_club/main/

other billing software offer subscription for every addons.

What happens when I use your plugins and my whole business becomes dependent on you so many things will change in my database, Blesta software, links and if you someday stop developing or updating?    Everything becomes a mess! 

These plugins that you are introducing should have been a part of Blesta and unfortunately many won't have any choice.  Your plugins can also be a security risk someday too.

I am sorry I am sure some plugins can be useful  I am talking with Blesta guys and telling them they should put these features in Blesta itself.  In this age and with web hosting multilanguage is a must have for many businesses. The whole language concept in Blesta is lacking.  Web hosting companies need to minimize using plugins you never know what will happen.

I have whmcs . hostbill ( the man behind hostbill is a cunning man and I wasted my money after he became mad and increased the fees like crazy ) I have  clientexec too

These addon plugins for all those basic requirements is a bad mistake.

30 minutes ago, Morningstar said:

What happens when I use your plugins and my whole business becomes dependent on you so many things will change in my database, Blesta software, links and if you someday stop developing or updating?    Everything becomes a mess! 

These plugins that you are introducing should have been a part of Blesta and unfortunately many won't have any choice.  Your plugins can also be a security risk someday too.

I am sorry I am sure some plugins can be useful  I am talking with Blesta guys and telling them they should put these features in Blesta itself.  In this age and with web hosting multilanguage is a must have for many businesses. The whole language concept in Blesta is lacking.  Web hosting companies need to minimize using plugins you never know what will happen. 

I have whmcs . hostbill ( the man behind hostbill is a cunning man and I wasted my money after he became mad and increased the fees like crazy ) I have  clientexec too

These addon plugins for all those basic requirements is a bad mistake. 

i respect your opinion, and advice you to write your own System that will be independent from any other person .

From what i know all addons from blesta addons are open source version, they aren't encrypted and this is a value added to a unique subscription for a large number of addons, i never see other offerig the same value in whmcs or vbulletin.

Wordpress is open source and free and almost all great and professional plugin has free lite edition and paid edition .

23 hours ago, Morningstar said:

So I expect Blesta to help us minimize this dependence.  I am sure my opinion is valid  

Your opinion is valid and not with blesta only, a lot of scripts need more work to minimize the dependence, until that the person should search for solutions to not stand in wait mode.

On 9/5/2018 at 2:25 AM, Morningstar said:

There are some things that Blesta should include with it that it does not, but there are other things that 3rd party developers create that simply make no sense for us to do. We can't be everything to everyone in such a diverse industry. 3rd party developers who focus on niche markets, or add features that a smaller number of users want add much value to the space. The genius of it is that we've built Blesta to so developer friendly so that people can create unique and useful things that we simply can't. We have to look at the big picture, and build things for the majority. It doesn't make sense for us to build and maintain things that few will use.. unless we charge extra for those items, like we do with the License Manager. We realized this would be the case out of the gate, and are thankful for companies like Blesta Addons who can provide great value in the space - and I think they are worth every penny for their subscription model - a model that is sustainable and allows them to continue releasing great updates and maintaining them.

2 minutes ago, Morningstar said:

Paul will you guarantee that the company will be around and update his plugins in future as long as Blesta is? Is the company affiliated to Blesta ?   Do you go through his addons for any security issues?

I'm not a prophet, and we have no control over that. I can't even guarantee I'll wake up tomorrow, or that a sink hole won't open under my desk and swallow me alive. But we all do our best effort and push forward the best way we can. If 3rd party developers are making money, and the subscription model is a good one for consistent income, then I see no reason why they'd want to disappear. My recommendation is to do some due diligence, and show these companies some love.

In the end, we are all dependent on others. Modern society doesn't work for lone rangers. Of course there is risk, but there is reward! :)

4 hours ago, Morningstar said:

You are right. I think I worried so much.    

Just a small two notes :
- We are using blesta since first beta ( i think it was in 2007.)
- The majority of the addons we release we use it in our other website (Hosting/Services Company)

So we are the first client of our products :) All our plugin was released free, you can check the history in this forum, and some of them are still in GitHub, but the way blesta is releasing so many updates and we need every time to update and leave our addons up to date it cost time and money, so we have opted for this small subscription, at the moment we have not made any profit, almost all the income is going to dev staff .