Invoices are unsent, but reminders work.

chriscpop

Question

We are having a problem where all our invoices are marked as unsent. We are running version 3.6.1. Note that these invoices are not sent. Checking the logs, they don't show up there either. I can manually send the invoices, and they are marked as sent.

The cron is working fine. It automatically sends the reminder (first notice, second notice...). Just the invoices don't get sent. 

I noticed that the Invoice Delivery: Email option is not checked under the Edit Invoice.

blestainvoice.png

invoice delivery.png

10 answers to this question

53 minutes ago, evolvewh said:

You need to check the box for 'Email Delivery' when you manually create an invoice and it will be delivered by the cron. I'd also suggest upgrading to the latest version (you're currently behind 2-3 versions right now).

I don't think it needs to have the checked email delivery. Otherwise, the question is, why would it send it once I manually run the cron?

If it works when you run the cron manually, but not when the cron runs automatically then something is happen when it runs automatically. Do you have SSH access? If so, temporarily disable your cron, then SSH in and run the command and observe the output. You may wish to enable error reporting in your /config/blesta.php config file first. Your CLI environment may be producing an error, whereas executing PHP via Apache is fine.

If when editing an invoice, the Email option is unchecked, it won't be delivered or it was already delivered. Are you creating invoices manually, or are they being created automatically as services renew? Have you made any changes to the core, or are you running any 3rd party code or modifications?

On 4/19/2017 at 5:49 AM, chriscpop said:

We did make some code changes.

They are asking me if it's possible to provide a code to insert inovice lines when the invoices get generated. I want to add new lines when invoices are created based on service renews.

You probably want to look at the Invoices.add event, see https://docs.blesta.com/display/dev/Event+Handlers