Whmcs Migrator (Beta) - Updated 2013-11-12

Cody

I believe matching packages is much simpler to do than importing packages, in terms of development. We'll see what Cody says, but I think the goal was package matching first, and revisit for package importing. In terms of usability, importing the packages is preferred so I definitely want to see it in there. We want to make migrating as simple and complete as possible, but it is a challenge considering how different these two products actually are.

I believe matching packages is much simpler to do than importing packages, in terms of development. We'll see what Cody says, but I think the goal was package matching first, and revisit for package importing. In terms of usability, importing the packages is preferred so I definitely want to see it in there. We want to make migrating as simple and complete as possible, but it is a challenge considering how different these two products actually are.

Yeah agreed, I do prefer the matching myself as I liked doing that when moving to 2.5 and used the same way from 2.5 to 3.0 :). But what I did for my customer, was select do not import packages hoping it would be smoother haha.

I just tried the new importer -- it sat grinding its wheels for a few minutes, then spat out this error message:

Undefined index: staff#0 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/plugins/import_manager/components/migrators/whmcs/whmcs_migrator.php(690): UnknownException::setErrorHandler(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/castleco/...', 690, Array) #1 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/plugins/import_manager/components/migrators/whmcs/whmcs_migrator.php(40): WhmcsMigrator->importSupportDepartments() #2 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/plugins/import_manager/models/import_manager_importer.php(113): WhmcsMigrator->import() #3 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/plugins/import_manager/controllers/admin_manage_plugin.php(107): ImportManagerImporter->runMigrator('whmcs', '5.2', Array) #4 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/app/controllers/admin_company_plugins.php(104): AdminManagePlugin->import() #5 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/lib/dispatcher.php(111): AdminCompanyPlugins->manage() #6 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/index.php(21): Dispatcher::dispatch('/_blesta_test/p...') #7 {main}

:(

EDIT - Interestingly, my clients seem to have imported OK, along with a bunch of transactions. No services or invoices have been imported though :(

Hey mate, trust me lol ;) got no closed tickets, but I don't think many people would need them, the opened ones are there.

Are you saying you didn't have any closed tickets, or that the closed ticket you had don't appear? All tickets should be imported, and I see closed tickets in our test environment.

I just tried the new importer -- it sat grinding its wheels for a few minutes, then spat out this error message:

Undefined index: staff#0 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/plugins/import_manager/components/migrators/whmcs/whmcs_migrator.php(690): UnknownException::setErrorHandler(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/castleco/...', 690, Array) #1 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/plugins/import_manager/components/migrators/whmcs/whmcs_migrator.php(40): WhmcsMigrator->importSupportDepartments() #2 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/plugins/import_manager/models/import_manager_importer.php(113): WhmcsMigrator->import() #3 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/plugins/import_manager/controllers/admin_manage_plugin.php(107): ImportManagerImporter->runMigrator('whmcs', '5.2', Array) #4 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/app/controllers/admin_company_plugins.php(104): AdminManagePlugin->import() #5 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/lib/dispatcher.php(111): AdminCompanyPlugins->manage() #6 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/index.php(21): Dispatcher::dispatch('/_blesta_test/p...') #7 {main}

EDIT - Interestingly, my clients seem to have imported OK, along with a bunch of transactions. No services or invoices have been imported though :(

Thanks, I'll take a look. Services aren't yet supported by the current version of this migrator.

Are you saying you didn't have any closed tickets, or that the closed ticket you had don't appear? All tickets should be imported, and I see closed tickets in our test environment.

Thanks, I'll take a look. Services aren't yet supported by the current version of this migrator.

Apparently there was about 27 closed tickets mate, which on Blesta shows 0, but he's not bothered about it haha, but just incase someone else reports it. But everything else went fine mate.

Hello,

New here and to Blesta, I tried the migrator but all I am getting are the client accounts, no invoices or hosting services.

Not sure if this is how it is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Weird do you get any errors? The only things that shouldn't be imported are:

- Services

- Packages

To fix update line 672 of /plugins/import_manager/components/migrators/whmcs/whmcs_migrator.php:

$departs = explode(",", $departs);

to:

if (!isset($this->mappings['staff'][$remote_admin_id]))
                continue;

$departs = explode(",", $departs);

To fix update line 672 of /plugins/import_manager/components/migrators/whmcs/whmcs_migrator.php:

(snip)

Well that fixed one issue -- and I got this one instead:

SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column 'to_address' cannot be null#0 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/lib/model.php(124): PDOStatement->execute(Array) #1 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/components/record/record.php(215): Model->query('INSERT INTO `lo...', Array) #2 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/plugins/import_manager/components/migrators/whmcs/whmcs_migrator.php(859): Record->insert('log_emails', Array) #3 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/plugins/import_manager/components/migrators/whmcs/whmcs_migrator.php(40): WhmcsMigrator->importMisc() #4 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/plugins/import_manager/models/import_manager_importer.php(113): WhmcsMigrator->import() #5 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/plugins/import_manager/controllers/admin_manage_plugin.php(107): ImportManagerImporter->runMigrator('whmcs', '5.2', Array) #6 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/app/controllers/admin_company_plugins.php(104): AdminManagePlugin->import() #7 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/lib/dispatcher.php(111): AdminCompanyPlugins->manage() #8 /home/castleco/public_html/_blesta_test/public_html/index.php(21): Dispatcher::dispatch('/_blesta_test/p...') #9 {main}

That looks like it's importing what... support tickets?

Well that fixed one issue -- and I got this one instead:

That looks like it's importing what... support tickets?

The error was triggered while importing email log entries. Interestingly, it looks like you have entries in your email log without a to address. Obviously that's not logical, but it's good you got the error as it allow us to improve the migrator to handle all of these bizarre issues with WHMCS.

Update line 845 of /plugins/import_manager/components/migrators/whmcs/whmcs_migrator.php:

$vars = array(

to:

if ($message->to == "")
                continue;
            $vars = array(

• 4 weeks later...

I finally found time to run the importer again. Looks like it succeeded!

Now I just have to assign the services to my users and fix WHMCS's apparent inability to count currency... much fun!

Awesome! Chip chip hooray for proper accounting of transactions.

Awesome! Chip chip hooray for proper accounting of transactions.

Indeed... About a third of my customers had invoices marked as paid with no transaction records! Absurd... Could be something to do with having migrated from AccountLab Plus to WHMCS and then on to Blesta, but it's sorted now. "In House Credits" all round...

Now I just need to send a mass email to all my customers... which means finding that button in B3... :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

I've just installed Blesta to evaluate as a replacement for WHMCS after the string of recent exploits and insight into how horribly coded it is.

I'm trying out the importer so I can have real data to play with and I have a couple of items of feedback.

1) It would be nice to import packages that don't exist.  I've got a ton and having to create them all before the import is going to be a task in itself.

2) A sort of status of what is going on would be nice.  I'm sitting with a spinning mouse cursor for over 5 minutes now and have no idea what it's doing.

3) It eventually timed out, is there a CLI option?  It would be nice if it could resume where it left off or something.

Other than that, things are looking good.  Thanks for the import module, it sure beats a fresh start.

I've just installed Blesta to evaluate as a replacement for WHMCS after the string of recent exploits and insight into how horribly coded it is.

I'm trying out the importer so I can have real data to play with and I have a couple of items of feedback.

1) It would be nice to import packages that don't exist.  I've got a ton and having to create them all before the import is going to be a task in itself.

An update is coming that imports packages and services this week.

2) A sort of status of what is going on would be nice.  I'm sitting with a spinning mouse cursor for over 5 minutes now and have no idea what it's doing.

Thanks for the suggestion, some kind of indicator would be great.

3) It eventually timed out, is there a CLI option?  It would be nice if it could resume where it left off or something.

Other than that, things are looking good.  Thanks for the import module, it sure beats a fresh start.

No CLI option at the moment. How much data do you have?

An update is coming that imports packages and services this week.

Thanks for the suggestion, some kind of indicator would be great.

No CLI option at the moment. How much data do you have?

The database is quite large.  I'll try exporting the database and loading it on the Blesta server and seeing if a localhost import is quicker.