BEWARE: LicenseCart - Do Not Buy!!

calottery

STAY AWAY from License Cart

TL;DR - Poor license support, Even poorer customer service. A break up story.

Dec 18th - Bought a Year's License from LicenseCart + Multi-Company licenses. Michael Dance was pretty helpful answering all Questions and I thought my time with them would be smooth and pleasant.

I've since then have become extremely frustrated with Michael and the Licensecart team as my (now) Yearly license + 3 addon licenses have for the last 5 months have been unactivated and needed re-activation repeatedly. I don't get real-time alerts on when licenses go down, so until I go verify them myself, I don't know for how long my helpdesks have been down for. Every month, I had to go re-activate my licenses with Licensecart, where I've put in friendly requests to keep them up and running as I paid for a Year. Unfortunately, they never did so.

April 26th - My license goes down again. With my live environment, I kindly request a pro-rated refund for un-used time. Frustrated yes, but no harsh language, just a request to refund my unused time. For efficiency, I calculated the remaining time and requested a refund via PayPal. 

LicenseCart's Response: My entire account is removed, terminated, 0 access to support or the ability to reply, a very snarky reply from Michael. And...of course. 0 reimbursement in Paypal.

I'm moving on with purchasing licenses directly from Paul @ Blesta. 

Would no longer recommend LicenseCart, although their prices and knowledge of the platform are some of the best in the community. I'll update this ticket honestly if Michael replies back to me privately to apologize, and/or if the pro-rated refund ever comes. 

Michael.png

Thanks for your review :) I know it was my mistake for the license issues but when you open a dispute without letting me have time to resolve it that civil apology and trying to rectify it goes out the window. Good luck and we're here if you need help but other than that you're not welcome at Licensecart.

How you deal with complaints: Submit complaint -> Try and resolve it -> No resolution then dispute. Not both at the same time.

And as the issue with the refund that was because I didn't know after clicking accept refund I had to submit it again which has been completed now. And anyway if it wasn't completed PayPal would have refunded you anyway as a claim.

kevin.png.448237b6a2ffb398fcf6e03d8314130a.png

Thanks for the tip: but you completely disregarded the fact that this wasn't a one time, or even two time thing. Which in previous tickets, I let slide. Explain month 3, 4, and terminating my account? Good thinking...

Also, for reference, the Paypal Dispute (as payment was done on Paypal) was for efficiency in refunding. 

Update: I can confirm that LicenseCart has closed out the dispute with the requested pro-rated refund. 

I'm not fond of the repeated downtime, but I cannot argue that LicenseCart's activity and knowledge within the community is well deserved. I'll be moving on...

15 minutes ago, calottery said:

Thanks for the tip: but you completely disregarded the fact that this wasn't a one time, or even two time thing. Which in previous tickets, I let slide. Explain month 3, 4, and terminating my account? Good thinking...

Also, for reference, the Paypal Dispute (as payment was done on Paypal) was for efficiency in refunding. 

Update: I can confirm that LicenseCart has closed out the dispute with the requested pro-rated refund. 

I'm not fond of the repeated downtime, but I cannot argue that LicenseCart's activity and knowledge within the community is well deserved. I'll be moving on...

I know it was about 4 times approx, but when you do a dispute we refund the client and close the account / service as they aren't customers anymore. If you asked before doing a dispute I would have tried to work it out the best I could so you didn't open one. But thanks for your review, sorry we wrecked your experience with us and yeah we're still here if you need help wether you buy direct or with another distributor.

8 hours ago, calottery said:

There is a lot I would like to say about that but I ill just say.

Generally when you open a PayPal dispute, the provider will suspend whatever account you have and only deal with you via PayPal.

Creating a dispute like that (without giving provider a chance to refund) will often get you listed on FraudRecord.

15 hours ago, BeZazz said:

There is a lot I would like to say about that but I ill just say.

Generally when you open a PayPal dispute, the provider will suspend whatever account you have and only deal with you via PayPal.

Creating a dispute like that (without giving provider a chance to refund) will often get you listed on FraudRecord.

yes that is what I usually do as I have it specified in my terms of service/aup that if any dispute is opened the account is suspended/terminated immediately and is blacklisted and you end up on fraudrecord as I have a zero tolerance policy on disputes and mostly that is what most providers have. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was shocked to see this review, as Michael Dance has consistently gone above and beyond in helping our cloud hosting company transition from WHMCS to Blesta. We would still be stuck with a platform that, while familiar, was creating more problems for us than it was solving. 

I recently realized that the commonly accepted notion that "the customer is always right" does not always apply. Allow me to illustrate. Suppose I go to a brick and mortar electronics retailer for the advice their sales professionals provide, knowing full well I'm going to purchase the product from an online competitor for less once I've made up my mind. In this instance, I'm the customer, and I just stole from that brick and mortar retailer. Sure, I didn't steal the product, but I stole their expertise and help. 

Given how helpful Michael and LicenseCart have been, offering this rebuttal to the unfavorable review is the least I can do.

Keep up the good work Michael, and to anyone considering a LicenseCart purchase, ignore the original poster's warning.

@KenHC My start was just as good as yours, but my last few months is what warranted my review. 

Thanks for chiming in, and I too have already vetted Michaels expertise. I moved on with keeping my licenses with Blesta directly and haven't had issues since. Your rebuttal doesn't change what happened but happy to see Michael providing great support to his customers.

thanks for contributing. 

@calottery, my experience has been consistent for well over 6 months. I'm sorry your experience was different, and you clearly handled your issue in a way that did not extend any courtesy, or allow room for an amicable solution. 

I've had license problems with Adobe, and they're miserable to work with and resolve. I've had license issues with Microsoft Office 365 in a Windows environment where the PC forgets that it is already authenticated with the license server and repeatedly prompts to reconnect. Microsoft's solution? Delete the assigned PC user, and resend the invitation. 

Bottom line is I'd challenge you to get the kind of response and personalized service from these large companies, that Michael provides with a small team. And then you post "BEWARE: LicenseCart - Do Not Buy!!"

I simply hope people read far enough down to see that your experience is an isolated experience.

@Licensecart if I was you I would just hide and lock the thread considering this "review" is uncalled for considering that when they try to claim something that isn't true and try to hurt a provider's image that is actually could be fraud since that would be saying something that isn't and like I see on lowendtalk if you cannot prove beyond a doubt that what you are claiming is actually the case on both sides of the story then the thread is useless and is more like biased against one side and therefore the "scam" the person is claiming is a false claim and the thread usually is locked & hided and the user usually banned because of trying to say one thing when the other is true.

and if due to people claiming it would be biased for you to handle this thread @Licensecart then it might be best for another moderator like @BeZazz to handle it instead since he isn't personally linked to licensecart and no one can cry woof that the moderator handling it was biased and related to the company in question then.

This thread should be locked, Licensecart goes out of his way to help others even when they are not a client of his own. If you would have given him ample time for solutions he would have made fair adjustments im sure of it hes an outstanding guy.