Html Content Is Never Delivered In Client E-Mails

Alex

Hey guys,

In my testing of the "Email Client" feature I have found that content typed under the "Text" tab will be delivered but anything typed in the "HTML" tab is never delivered. I have only tested this minimally so it needs confirmation/denial from other parties. (We don't need HTML for our stuff, so we have no incentive to further test this, but it may matter to other Blesta users.)

Cheers,

Alex

Can anyone else confirm if they are experiencing this issue?

I've never worked in a QA department before. :angry:

Blesta :wub:

:P

Great to see you here on a Saturday night, Paul. That's the kind of commitment every company and product needs.

Can anyone clarify for me:

What does "Enable HTML" in Settings -> Company -> Email do exactly? If it's disabled (which it is) could that be the cause of what I experienced? If so and HTML will never be sent out without this setting enabled, why not disable/hide the HTML tab in the various other parts of Blesta if that settings is off?

The HTML fields are not hidden for email templates if HTML is disabled because then you'd be unable to edit the templates and add HTML prior to enabling it.. it would result in some people receiving blank emails if no such content exists in HTML.

Enabling HTML simply adds the HTML content to the email. If it's disabled, all email clients should see and render the text version only. If it's enabled and the HTML content is blank, HTML enabled mail clients will show a blank page.