Resend From Log Does Not Auto-Fill Email Content

Alex

I clicked "Resend" from the Email tab in Tools -> Email Log and was redirected to the "Email Client" page with most fields auto-filled. However, the e-mail content was empty. I am assuming this is unintentional and I have done very limited testing. We need confirmation/denial from other parties.

I used this feature today and didn't have any trouble. If you are only sending text content, then it may appear blank until you click over to the text version. Additionally, the overview, before you hit resend shows the text version so if you only send HTML then this section might appear blank also.

Just did another test:

I just attempted to send an email with "Test" as both the HTML and text content, it failed (as expected) but the summary still appears empty in the email log and clicking "Resend" does not auto-fill the email form.

Just to clear:

The part about the content not appearing in the summary: this is an even further reaching bug. I have found that any mail sent via SMTP never contains the content in the log, but if I use PHP piping then the log will contain the content.

Paul/Cody/Tyson/CubicWebs: If any of you'd like to have a go testing issues on my server I will be happy to create an admin account with access to a test support department for you.

Just to clear:

The part about the content not appearing in the summary: this is an even further reaching bug. I have found that any mail sent via SMTP never contains the content in the log, but if I use PHP piping then the log will contain the content.

Paul/Cody/Tyson/CubicWebs: If any of you'd like to have a go testing issues on my server I will be happy to create an admin account with access to a test support department for you.

The best guys for that would be the three devs mate as if they find a issue they can patch it for you.

We are using SMTP and haven't experienced this issue.

Are you saying that email delivery via SMTP fails all of the time, and that these emails are not properly logged? If so, there may be a bug in there with logging failed emails, however, if your mail always fails via SMTP I wonder if there is a configuration or firewall issue. It seems that would be the first item to resolve, with any logging issue being secondary.