Renew package with new price

melvintcs

Question

Hi all,

I still on trial account, so far everything work fine. however, i still have few doubts:

1. eg. I have an Order Form with Domain (1 Year, $0) + New Standard Plan (1 Year, $100), but this offer is only on first year, they need to pay $10(Domain) and $120(Hosting) to renew this plan on second year onward. How can i do that? i only can think of sending a new order plan to my customer, but i don't think that is a right way, because user need to choose domain name and plan all over again. I want it a simple way, like Blesta send customer with a invoice of $130, and they pay that amount directly with the same domain/hosting plan. 

2. anyway i can try the email & payment gateway working properly?

3. how can i manually assign the customer with package?

4. Im using "Ajax Boxes" for my order form with type "Domain and Other",  but can i skip the step 2 at ordering? (the one with DNS page)

7 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, Licensecart said:

You can offer a coupon if both packages are in the cart and discount the first domain year.

in that case, can i hardcode the coupon code at querystring(like add to cart with group_id & package_id)? so that user not need to key in themselves. 

2 hours ago, Licensecart said:

You can offer a coupon if both packages are in the cart and discount the first domain year.

after i tried, nope, it's not that simple, purely using coupon still can't solve the issue

let's say my plan as per below:

Register: Domain + Standard Plan(12 Months) = $100 (-$30 off)
Renew: Domain + Standard Plan(12 Months) = $130

example above just create a coupon with $30 off discount, simple.

but if the term is 24 months:

Register: Domain + Standard Plan(24 Months) = $120 (-$50 off)
Renew: Domain + Standard Plan(24 Months) = $170

they are under same package, but different term. i cant use the same coupon for this term.
since they are under the same package group, user might use the -$50 off coupon on 12 Months.

Yes, I can solve it by separate each term into individual package group with different coupon. 

but this is not user friendly when user checking out. 

if there any alternative way to solve this? 

1 hour ago, Blesta Addons said:

To be honest, Blesta can't handle the hosting market aspect, we have made a huge change in our order form but still we are away from offering a true hosting business, this is caused by the core limitation. we hope in v4.1 this aspect change .

i wonder how others does it? 

perhaps can give me some ideas.

nvm, so i redo all my pricing strategy and standard 50% on first year.

but i need advice on querystring:

domain.com/index.php/order/config/preconfig/package?coupon=offer50&package_id=2

what is the format for querystring that after user choose domain and go to next step,
it will auto choose package id = 2 and coupon code = offer50?

sample above only auto fill in the coupon code for me.