Graph Loading Issues Remain

evolvewh

I just thought I'd make a post here letting Blesta Devs know that the graphs and the home page and the billing overview screens still don't work 100%. I keep trying to find a pattern to how / when they happen. I was just on the support ticket screen and went to the dashboard and those graphs didn't load until I refreshed the screen again. I'm using v4.0.1

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 9.36.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 7.59.43 AM.png

I've never seen the graph bleed out into another graph. I've only experience a blank graph, and not all that often. What browser are you using? Have you tried using a different browser to see if it makes a difference?

54 minutes ago, Paul said:

I've never seen the graph bleed out into another graph. I've only experience a blank graph, and not all that often. What browser are you using? Have you tried using a different browser to see if it makes a difference?

Opera and FF on a Mac are the two I use and I've experienced the same with both. The bleeding over or graphs has only occurred on the 15" laptop and never on the desktop.

17 minutes ago, evolvewh said:

Opera and FF on a Mac are the two I use and I've experienced the same with both. The bleeding over or graphs has only occurred on the 15" laptop and never on the desktop.

I only really use Safari on my Mac, and I don't use my Macbook every day. I suspect it's a possible bug in the NVD3 Library, or the browser, or a combination of both. I'd suggest trying Safari and see if you experience the same thing with it on your Mac. It may be helpful.

31 minutes ago, Paul said:

I only really use Safari on my Mac, and I don't use my Macbook every day. I suspect it's a possible bug in the NVD3 Library, or the browser, or a combination of both. I'd suggest trying Safari and see if you experience the same thing with it on your Mac. It may be helpful.

I can do that for testing purposes to help you guys narrow it down but I'll never become a regular user of Safari.

26 minutes ago, evolvewh said:

I can do that for testing purposes to help you guys narrow it down but I'll never become a regular user of Safari.

I wont hold it against you. You use to be able to disable the address bar in Safari, which was fantastic for recording videos. They removed the ability to do that, because of "security reasons", meaning that people might not be able to see the address bar and more easily fall for spoofed sites. :angry: So, I'm not feeling much love for Safari either. They did fix a bug though, that would cause the check boxes in the graphs not to appear at all.

14 hours ago, Paul said:

I wont hold it against you. You use to be able to disable the address bar in Safari, which was fantastic for recording videos. They removed the ability to do that, because of "security reasons", meaning that people might not be able to see the address bar and more easily fall for spoofed sites. :angry: So, I'm not feeling much love for Safari either. They did fix a bug though, that would cause the check boxes in the graphs not to appear at all.

It's just never felt like that great of a browser to me. I like FF the best but there are times when that browser is slow and I can't stand the lag time. Have you ever heard of a newer browser called Vivaldi? I don't know much about it but it looked somewhat interesting.

I just wanted to update this and let you know that the same issues appear using FF 53.0.2 (64 bit) on a Mac. On the dashboard, the services graph doesn't load at time and on the revenue overview, the range graph loaded all squished together.

I notice it rarely on Chrome on Win 10, but refreshing always resolves it. I think the first step would be for us to update the library to the latest release and see if that resolves it. If you're feeling adventurous, you could give it a try yourself /vendors/nvd3 (i think, computer rebooting, windows update.. baaah)

20 hours ago, Paul said:

I notice it rarely on Chrome on Win 10, but refreshing always resolves it. I think the first step would be for us to update the library to the latest release and see if that resolves it. If you're feeling adventurous, you could give it a try yourself /vendors/nvd3 (i think, computer rebooting, windows update.. baaah)

Decided to delete this response. It was wishful thinking that it could be so simple to fix this.

Is this the library you're suggesting to download? http://nvd3.org/