[Ideas] Late fee Plugin

Blesta Addons

we are working in a plugin that handle the late fee . what we have do?

the plugin has a settings to setup

1. days after considerate the invoice is late (XX days).
  2. the amount of the invoice late fee (percent of invoice % or Fixed amount)

every day a cron run to identify the invoice(s) that are late, then it a create a new invoice with the late fee amount .

you think this is enough or we should add more features ? we need any idea/feedback that help to provide a quality plugin for all .

we are almost finished the plugin, we have added support for

• sending email to client when late fee is created .
  • a minimum amount for late fee .

sample email :

Hi Test égore,

Your account is now past due, You have been assessed a late fee in the amount of: $11.90.

If you have any questions, please contact our customer service department.

Warm Regards

So it creates a new invoice just for the late fee? Is that the most common way, or do some places add it to the existing invoice? I know in some places you can't edit the invoice once it's been created, but I don't know if they have exceptions for late fees. Just curious, in case we add to the core in the future.

14 hours ago, Paul said:

So it creates a new invoice just for the late fee? Is that the most common way, or do some places add it to the existing invoice? I know in some places you can't edit the invoice once it's been created, but I don't know if they have exceptions for late fees. Just curious, in case we add to the core in the future.

the plugin is adding new invoice for late fee . as almost all countries is not possible to edit any created invoice.

we have noticed also that we should exclude the late fee invoice from a late fee, we will go with this until we have a confirmed suggestion that late fee invoices also should be subjected to a late fee.

On 13/05/2017 at 2:00 PM, Blesta Addons said:

the plugin is adding new invoice for late fee . as almost all countries is not possible to edit any created invoice.

we have noticed also that we should exclude the late fee invoice from a late fee, we will go with this until we have a confirmed suggestion that late fee invoices also should be subjected to a late fee.

oh sugar :( that's not handy lol if they pay the invoice they can skip the late fee.

2 hours ago, Licensecart said:

oh sugar :( that's not handy lol if they pay the invoice they can skip the late fee.

THey will have two invoices, that is normal , we cant accept adding late fee to a existing invoice.

THis is the same workarround in majority of providers.

6 minutes ago, activa said:

THey will have two invoices, that is normal , we cant accept adding late fee to a existing invoice.

THis is the same workarround in majority of providers.

Which country are you from? It's ok in the UK as a competitor I know and hosting companies do it. But say if I had a late invoice with you, I could pay just the main invoice and say well I paid it.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

When we build this into the core, what if we add late fees to the same invoice, unless proforma is enabled.. if proforma is enabled, then create a new invoice for late fees?

I wonder if we can have a choice mate in the billing / payments section because I think people will just pay the invoice off and not the late fee but others seem to have another idea of it per country which is weird lol.

On 16/05/2017 at 6:08 PM, Licensecart said:

I wonder if we can have as choice mate in the billing / payments section because I think people will just pay the invoice off and not the late fee but others seem to have another idea of it per country which is weird lol.

We will add this option a settings (disabled per default) in our upcoming release .

On 5/16/2017 at 9:04 AM, Paul said:

When we build this into the core, what if we add late fees to the same invoice, unless proforma is enabled.. if proforma is enabled, then create a new invoice for late fees?

Unless there are other country laws that I'm unaware of, it makes the most sense to add it to the existing invoice. Otherwise, as others have pointed out, the additional invoice won't be paid. I've seen the same behavior in other software as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/05/2017 at 4:16 PM, Blesta Addons said:

we have released version 1.2.0 that fix a issue with blesta 3.4 . also we have make some change to make the new settings in future release about adding fees in the same invoice .

is strongly and recommended upgrade to this new version .

can we add the fee to the open invoice yet mate?