[Ideas] Late fee Plugin

Blesta Addons

20 minutes ago, PointPubMedia said:

is it possible to have more than 30 days also ?

Yes, you can change this in controllers/admin_manage_plugin.php is open .

18 minutes ago, PointPubMedia said:

And the percentage is it monthly or annual based ?

is the percentage of the invoice total.

33 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

Yes, you can change this in controllers/admin_manage_plugin.php is open .

is the percentage of the invoice total.

But when you are billing a late fee on an already late fee.   How do you calculated it ? Using the next number of days in the settings?   So If I choose 45 days, each 45 days you are billing a late fees ?

5 minutes ago, PointPubMedia said:

Not the same..

so is a building package in the digital module issue, i think we have found it and corrected , download again  please.

6 minutes ago, PointPubMedia said:

Just to make sure.   Create new invoice = create a new invoice each time a late fees is applied  and Add late fee to invoice = Create one new invoice and modify this one for each late fees ?

if a invoice are now a due date and is subject to a late fee, the plugin when detect it, late say the invoice id 520 and the invoice total of 100$, you have set a 20% percent as a late fee amount, then the plugin will do the fallowing :

Create new invoice = a new invoice with new ID will be created with the amount of 20$

Add late fee to invoice = the plugin will add 20$  to the invoice ID 520, the the invoice ID 520 will have a total of 120$

i hope this is clear now .

5 hours ago, PointPubMedia said:

And what happen if invoice ID 520 is late 2 times, using create a new invoice... this will create a third invoice OR modify the second one ?

No, the late fee is only apply 1 time for every invoice . if you change the due date after a late fee set, the plugin will detect that the invoice was already applied a late fee in previous .

57 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

No, the late fee is only apply 1 time for every invoice . if you change the due date after a late fee set, the plugin will detect that the invoice was already applied a late fee in previous .

Do you think in the next update it can be possible to charge a late fees every XX days until paid ?

Let say, client paid invoice only after 91 days and I set it up for 30 days, I need to charge him a late fee every 30 days!

4 minutes ago, PointPubMedia said:

Do you think in the next update it can be possible to charge a late fees every XX days until paid ?

Let say, client paid invoice only after 91 days and I set it up for 30 days, I need to charge him a late fee every 30 days!

i can't accept or decline the request, as we need to discuss this internally, because this special request need a database modification and some extra coding to accomplish this.

so you need to apply a late fee every XX days, the late fee should be added to the same invoice?

the late fee amount should be also incremented every XX days ?

the late fee should be calculated from the invoice base total, or exclude the previous late fees added ?

10 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

i can't accept or decline the request, as we need to discuss this internally, because this special request need a database modification and some extra coding to accomplish this.

so you need to apply a late fee every XX days, the late fee should be added to the same invoice?

the late fee amount should be also incremented every XX days ?

the late fee should be calculated from the invoice base total, or exclude the previous late fees added ?

Here, in Quebec (Canada) , the way it work it's:

- A new invoice for each late fee (we can't modify an invoice when it's already sent to a client)

- Late fee are applied on the original amount and can be also applied on all late fees (it's business discretion)

- Here, most of the companies are billing late fees every 30 days and calculated every day if you want.

So, for example, Invoice #1001 on January 1st 2016 with a total of 100.00$ being paid only on December 31 2016.  Every 30 days, a late fees of 2% (that mean 2$ here) are created as a new invoice, for a total of 12 new invoices with each of them 2$. So client with invoice #1001 need to give us 124$ on the December 31!

5 hours ago, PointPubMedia said:

Here, in Quebec (Canada) , the way it work it's:

- A new invoice for each late fee (we can't modify an invoice when it's already sent to a client)

- Late fee are applied on the original amount and can be also applied on all late fees (it's business discretion)

- Here, most of the companies are billing late fees every 30 days and calculated every day if you want.

So, for example, Invoice #1001 on January 1st 2016 with a total of 100.00$ being paid only on December 31 2016.  Every 30 days, a late fees of 2% (that mean 2$ here) are created as a new invoice, for a total of 12 new invoices with each of them 2$. So client with invoice #1001 need to give us 124$ on the December 31!

so from your case, only and only the late fee are applied to the original amount , and the new invoices for late fee are excluded from a late fee?

the idea here is clean and simple, but as i told before with the actual code is a bit complicated to merge all the functionality in one plugin, maybe we will arrive in the end with a new plugin :) only for the Quebec market .

Hostbill or whmxx has this functionality ?

23 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

so from your case, only and only the late fee are applied to the original amount , and the new invoices for late fee are excluded from a late fee?

the idea here is clean and simple, but as i told before with the actual code is a bit complicated to merge all the functionality in one plugin, maybe we will arrive in the end with a new plugin :) only for the Quebec market .

Hostbill or whmxx has this functionality ?

No idea about other solution as we never used anything else.  Before Blesta, we used something that we code in-house!

And also, in Quebec, late fees (percentage) are not taxable but fixed amount are!

We can work with the version you already have but having a way to just generate another invoice each XX days with the option to not applied taxes!

35 minutes ago, PointPubMedia said:

There are no real do and don't about late fees here.  We have some guideline and we can do almost anything we want inside this guideline.   So for us, we will charge late fees every XX days with no taxes!

for taxes we can have  solution and quickly i think, i will try to push this in our top list to make it available maybe the next week or at a late date the end of this month . so we can confirm for you that tax issue we can resolve it, we ill ad a new option in the plugin to make late fee taxable or not .

37 minutes ago, PointPubMedia said:

No idea about other solution as we never used anything else.  Before Blesta, we used something that we code in-house!

And also, in Quebec, late fees (percentage) are not taxable but fixed amount are!

We can work with the version you already have but having a way to just generate another invoice each XX days with the option to not applied taxes!

we have also searched alot before we begin the work on this plugin, and never we have arrived to a case like yours, all the late fees case we found is a fixed or percentage amount (taxable) and after a XX day .

making it recurring that should another work, as we need to conserve the core functions of this plugin. as told before we will try to add your request, if we found it will break the normal usage we can negotiate another plugin only for you .

2 hours ago, PointPubMedia said:

Just for fun, in your country if my invoice with you it's 100$ with 2% late fee, I just need to give you 102$ even after 24 months ?

In majority of countries if a invoice was not paid on time , and it was due date we have the right to reclaim the payment via juriducus level . The client pay the invoice with late fee plus the fees of our laywer and any others fees related to it . So basically we cant wait 24 mounth ... after just 4 or 5 mounth we take the juridicus road .