Backup download problems

fossxplorer

Question

It seems backup download doesn't work:

2017/05/10 20:52:07 [error] 25065#25065: *1472 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  The file /home/domain/blesta/app/app_model.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.4 and cannot run under PHP 7.0.
 Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6. in Unknown on line 0", client: xxx.xxx.xx server: blesta.domain.com, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", host: "blesta.domain.com", referrer: "http://blesta.domain.com/admin/settings/system/backup/download/"

Is this known?

14 answers to this question

15 hours ago, Licensecart said:

you haven't applied the hotfix & also ensure you run /admin/upgrade/

If applying hotfix means simply copying the files inside hotfix-php7/blesta/app into blesta installation folder, then it's done.

$ diff tmp/hotfix-php7/blesta/app/app_model.php  blesta/app/app_model.php
$

And i've run the upgrade as well. Still i can't download the backup, samme error:

/blesta/app/app_model.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.4 and cannot run under PHP 7.0.

Also, my attempt to import from WHMCS times out

upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading upstream

request: "POST /admin/settings/company/plugins/manage/8/whmcs/5.2/?action=import HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi

My PHP max exec timeout is 1 hour though. Is there somewhere else i need to configure Blesta timeouts?

Alright, not quite everything. Although the error messages are gone, i still can't backup. Now tried over SFTP and direct download. In both cases, i see a PHP-FPM process running with 100% load and obviously doing nothing (i've strace'd the process).

I've enabled debug (Configure::set("System.debug", true);), still nothing in the logs in Blesta or webserver. :(

EDIT: just read https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Requirements

There is no mentioned about Nginx which i use..but i doubt that could be the reason?

3 hours ago, fossxplorer said:

Alright, not quite everything. Although the error messages are gone, i still can't backup. Now tried over SFTP and direct download. In both cases, i see a PHP-FPM process running with 100% load and obviously doing nothing (i've strace'd the process).

I've enabled debug (Configure::set("System.debug", true);), still nothing in the logs in Blesta or webserver. :(

EDIT: just read https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Requirements

There is no mentioned about Nginx which i use..but i doubt that could be the reason?

It could be depending how you've set it up there's a few tutorials on here which work for users.

I thought I had replied to this earlier, but I guess I never hit submit -

Web server shouldn't matter for doing backups, except for the username that it runs as. You should check the following:

• Does mysqldump exist on your server? To test, SSH in as your user and run "mysqldump", it should show usage.
  • Does your web server user have permissions to execute mysqldump?
  • Is the temp directory set under Settings > System > General > Temp Directory, and is it writable by your web server user?

Via SSH, you can run a test database export to see if it should work:

mysqldump -u MYSQLUSERNAME -pMYSQLPASSWORD DATABASENAME -r database.sql

MYSQLUSERNAME, MYSQLPASSWORD, and DATABASENAME should be replaced with the correct details, which you can find in your ~/config/blesta.php config file if you aren't sure. (NOTE that there is no space between "-p" and the password, this is important).

After it runs, what's the size of database.sql? (ls -la)

Thanks Paul.

I check each of your points and answer is yes to each of them. The DB dump has size of 70MB (since i've imported data from WHMCS).

Obviously, there is nothing wrong with running mysqldump as the web server user. Strange i don't get anything is the logs when i run the backup from web UI though :(

@paul

This reminds me of improving the code for this kind of issues in a shared hosting. Perhaps do a check for whether PHP's exec and  shell_exec  and give a warning if there are disabled? ;)

Right now, the process runs with 100% CPU usage without doing anything (as confirmed by strace) when these functions are disabled on the system. It's a bit bad behavior of a software.