Credit Balance Not Being Applied to Invoices

Jonathan

Not quite sure what to say about this one, or how to recreate it.  It seems to only happen if the credit balance is added to the account after the invoice is generated that it's not applying to.  If the invoice existed prior to the credits it seems to work.

The cron reports no issues and runs every 5 minutes.  No client group setting is preventing this.

5919abfb352b8_Image1.png.04545049ea70a1fc1fcb0386a29f90c4.png

One other person reported that the "Apply Payments to Open Invoices" task was getting stuck. No spinning gear icon under Settings > Company > Automation for it?

Does it seem to be pretty consistent in terms of not applying payment if the invoice was generated previous to the credit for all clients? Reproducible?

I would double check, and maybe re-save company (Settings > Company > Billing/Payment) and client group settings, verifying that "Automatically Apply Loose Credits" is checked in both places.

17 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Task isn't stuck.  Resaving settings didn't help.

It only occurs when the credit predates the invoice.  If the credit is generated after the invoice, it gets applied.

If you record a transaction for credit, then after a few minutes create the invoice, does this qualify? I'm trying to reproduce and so far I've been unable to. In the cases you've come across, how far in advance did the credit pre-exist the invoice?