cPanel - Email Piping

mmuyskens

Question

Hello,

I am having some issues with piping on a new installation on a cPanel server - based on the logs, test messages appear to be piping correctly. PHP Version 7.0.19, it's a secondary installed so the proper shebang (#!/opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/usr/bin/php -q) was added to pipe.php, also pipe.php is 777. Any ideas? All looks good yet no tickets are being opened in Blesta.

Thanks,

Mark

Delivery Event Details
Event: success success
Sender User: -remote-
Sender Domain:  
Sender: myemail@gmail.com
Sent Time: May 21, 2017 6:42:18 PM
Sender Host: mail-yw0-f173.google.com
Sender IP: 209.85.161.173
Authentication: localdelivery
Recipient: support@hostingdomain.com
Delivered To: |/home/hostingdomain/public_html/my/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php
Delivery User: hostingdomain
Delivery Domain: hostingdomain.com
Router: virtual_aliases_nostar
Transport: virtual_address_pipe
Out Time: May 21, 2017 6:42:18 PM
ID: 1dCcMr-0004zn-F9
Delivery Host: localhost
Delivery IP: 127.0.0.1
Size: 2.43 KB
Result: Accepted

8 answers to this question

• Do you get any kind of bounce or reply when emailing the support department that is piped in?
  • Do you have a single company in your Blesta install? If the ID is not 1 for the company, pipe.php should be updated to reflect that

If there is no bounce or reply, check your mail log Tools > Logs > Mail log, to see if the support manager tried to send any response. In my experience, email to the piped in address should always respond with something, either a bounce from your mail server, or a reply from the support manager that there was an issue, or a ticket was created.

Sometimes staff members are not assigned to the department that is receiving email, so check also that you are assigned to all departments.

Just tried another test - message shows as successful in cPanel's Mail Delivery Reports - however; nothing in the mail logs with Blesta and still no ticket open. No bounce.

This is a single company install - it's actually a test install I'm trying to get going before licensing it.

Did you check the mail log in Blesta? Tools > Logs > Mail log. I'm curious if Blesta tried to send a response, but it did not go through.

If you'd like us to take a look at it, please open a ticket with the admin login to Blesta + your cPanel login (with SSH access.)