Auto Updating

I have a great suggestion!

How about you set a process where Blesta searches for Updates, and if there is an update, Blesta can preform the update, without us having to go in and re-upload. I know in WordPress, there is an auto update, it will do the process automatically! It also puts your site in Maintenance mode while the updates are completing! Thoughts??

WHMxx also has added this feature to their admin side .

from my experience it should not auto update, but rather a 1 click update .

auto update = self updating when a new version is available, admin action is not needed.

1 click update, when a update is available, the admin has the option to update with 1 click ;) or to stay in the installed version .

I don't like the idea of my billing system ever auto updating.  Things will invariably go wrong at some point and I can't risk my billing system going down and me not knowing what happened.  I wouldn't mind having a notification in the admin telling me that there are updates available though that way I can take action and be reminded until I do.

5 hours ago, mrrsm said:

I don't like the idea of my billing system ever auto updating.  Things will invariably go wrong at some point and I can't risk my billing system going down and me not knowing what happened.  I wouldn't mind having a notification in the admin telling me that there are updates available though that way I can take action and be reminded until I do.

with Blesta I assume the plugin can be removed or something.

We are not in a hurry to implement this, due to more highly requested items. We do have plans to do it eventually though, and the default option would be not to update automatically. The preferred method would be to click a button to upgrade.

In terms of automation, there would be some options.

[x] Never update automatically
[ ] Security patches only
[ ] Patches only (including security)
[ ] Minor releases (including patches)
[ ] Major releases (including minor releases and patches)
[ ] BETA RELEASES (AT YOUR OWN RISK)

Something like that.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

We are not in a hurry to implement this, due to more highly requested items. We do have plans to do it eventually though, and the default option would be not to update automatically. The preferred method would be to click a button to upgrade.

Something like that.

You'd know what I would be on mate lol

https://requests.blesta.com/topics/all/status/all/category/all/sort/popular/page/1
Its top 5 popular still not planned? Ha Ha!
https://requests.blesta.com/topic/automated-update-in-one-click-like-wordpress 

On 5/24/2017 at 11:19 PM, Paul said:

Something like that.

• 7 months later...
20 minutes ago, viablethought said:

I am all for this idea as well, I seemingly have nothing but issues each time I have to upgrade... which is weird because I have been able to migrate from one host to another just fine.... but upgrading, holy cow it is stressful and never goes well :)

I agree a option list like how @Paul stated would be very helpful. In addition it should either auto detect and/or be configured what PHP it should do when an upgrade is done so the right "hot fix" can be applied if applicable.  

• 3 years later...