Support Manager - Email Template

Jason Ryan

Question

Hello -

Have a quick question and maybe this will turn into a feature request (if it hasn't already), but I want to be able to add the Client's Name to the "Staff Ticket Updated" email that is sent out, that way it shows what client submitted the Ticket without having to login to find out. I tried using the following:

Client Name: {contact.first_name} {contact.last_name}

But that doesn't seem to display the Client's Name at all. Additionally, is there a tag that allows for a direct URL to the ticket itself, so that way you can click that URL and it brings you right to the Ticket itself?

Thanks.

5 answers to this question

I did some debugging, and it appears that the client/contact name is not available as a tag. If we were to add it, I think we'd want to first identify all of the support manager templates that it should be included in that it isn't currently, as well as the scope of the information to be included. Address? Email? Phone number?

19 hours ago, Paul said:

I did some debugging, and it appears that the client/contact name is not available as a tag. If we were to add it, I think we'd want to first identify all of the support manager templates that it should be included in that it isn't currently, as well as the scope of the information to be included. Address? Email? Phone number?

Paul -

I don't want to go overboard with the information provided in the email, but having things like  Email & Phone Number may also be beneficial in the Ticket email that is sent to Staff. Especially in instances where I could contact that specific client right from the email if I am out on the road or away from my desk.

--

Ticket #: 4428666

Priority: Medium

Department: Website Support

--

Currently, that is all the information being provided in the email and there is no indication as to who it is from. Also, as mentioned it would be great if the direct link to the ticket itself would be nice as well.

Im in the process of setting up Blesta for the first time and having client identification (name, company, phone) is a very needed feature, specially when on the road just with mobile phone. The way it is now it's impossible to identify the client that opened the ticket.

Is any of the bellow tags avaiable on Staff email templates? If not can Blesta team please consider add them in a near future?

Client Name
Client Company
Client Main Phone

Also I tryied to use the: {ticket.email} tag to at least identify the client email, but it shows blank. Can't {ticket.email} tag be used on staff email template to identify client email address?

Thanks

Edited by espservices
ticket mail tag