Support manager issues

kala

Question

Hello Folks,

I am facing  a very weird issue, which I am failing to troubleshoot myself. I have  a fresh Blesta installation and I am trying to start with it by setting up the Support Manager. I have tried to pipe the email first, which is returning some weird errors. So left the attempt and tried to configure things using POP. But to make it more weird, thats not working either. What I am noticing is that, blesta is not even trying to pull emails from INBOX, because I am not seeing any related logs in POP server logs. 

I am using Blesta 4.0.1 by the way. Anyone else is experiencing same level of problems? Any help will be highly appreciated.

12 answers to this question

It looks like your account runs from a jailed shell, I wonder if that might be causing it some how. At least for piping, not sure why that would affect POP/IMAP.

I just created this tutorial on testing piping, see https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Support+Manager#SupportManager-TestingPiping

This will help you to try piping a sample email from a text file into Blesta via SSH. It should help narrow down the issue.

What was the error you received with piping?

Do you have the mailparse extension installed in your CLI version of PHP? If you ssh in, you could run something like: php -i | grep mailparse to see if it's installed.

Regarding piping, in the docs use the example that shows piping to simply pipe.php

/home/user/public_html/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php

(Whatever the real path is)

Make sure pipe.php is executable, and the hashbang is correct on line 1, which is the path to PHP on your system.

Hello Paul,

Thank you for the update. Yes, I have checked those things and the setup looks pretty good to me. 

Following is the error I am getting.

2017-06-01 09:01:54 1dGGq2-0001Tt-1Q ** |/********/*****/*******/manage/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/1/ (sales@********************) <sales@******************> R=virtual_aliases_nostar T=jailed_virtual_address_pipe: Child process of jailed_virtual_address_pipe transport returned 255 (could mean shell command ended by signal 127 (Unknown signal 127)) from command: /usr/local/cpanel/bin/jailexec

Of course I am using cPanel to setup PIPE and it looks delivering fine to the PIPE script. I have checked the permission of PIPE script and schebang; its fine too. Additionally the PECL extension is loaded fine as well.

# ll /********/*****/*******/manage/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php
-rwxr-xr-x 1 ******* ****** 1329 May 31 16:30 //********/*****/*******/manage/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php

# head -2 /********/*****/*******/manage/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php
#!/usr/local/bin/php -q
<?php

# /usr/local/bin/php -i | grep mailparse
mailparse
mailparse support => enabled
mailparse.def_charset => us-ascii => us-ascii

Now I am not sure what else to check. Also not sure why POP/IMAP methods are not working either [ its not even polling the email boxes ]. So basically I am stuck with the setup now! 

I use Blesta 4.0.1

PHP :- ]# /usr/local/bin/php -v
ea-php-cli Copyright 2016 cPanel, Inc.
PHP 5.6.30 (cli) (built: May 17 2017 20:27:43)
Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.7.5, Copyright (c) 2002-2014, by ionCube Ltd.

Thanks Mike. Tried it already..but no luck yet :(

]# /usr/local/bin/php -v
ea-php-cli Copyright 2016 cPanel, Inc.
PHP 5.6.30 (cli) (built: May 17 2017 20:27:43)
Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v6.0.4, Copyright (c) 2002-2016, by ionCube Ltd.

very weird....its the second day I am fighting with Blesta just to get this working! 

What I am wondering is what is happening with POP/IMAP too! As I mentioned, I tried to configure another department with POP. But it is not retrieving emails from INBOX and I am not seeing any login attempt from 'maillog' . Where can we track if there is any error in Email Polling in case?  

2 hours ago, kala said:

What I am wondering is what is happening with POP/IMAP too! As I mentioned, I tried to configure another department with POP. But it is not retrieving emails from INBOX and I am not seeing any login attempt from 'maillog' . Where can we track if there is any error in Email Polling in case?  

not sure mate it's always worked for me on cPanel.

Paul, you are my hero. I followed your instructions and here is the test result.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
    <head>
        <meta charset="utf-8">
        <title>Blesta</title>
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="./pipe.php/app/views/errors/css/application.min.css">
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="./pipe.php/app/views/errors/css/font-awesome.min.css">
    </head>
    <body>
        <div class="error-container">
            <div class="program-error">
    <div class="panel panel-default panel-simple">
        <div class="panel-heading">
            <h3><i class="fa fa-exclamation-circle"></i> Something went wrong.</h3>
        </div>
        <div class="panel-body">
            <p>
                Call to undefined function iconv()                on line <strong>342</strong>
                in <strong>/*****/******/plugins/support_manager/vendors/mime_mail_parser/MimeMailParser.class.php</strong>
                <br />
                <br />
                <strong>Printing Stack Trace:</strong>
                <br />
                <code>
                    #0 [internal function]: UnknownException::setFatalErrorHandler()<br />
#1 {main}                </code>
                            </p>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>        </div>
    </body>
</html>

So it says missing 'iconv' PHP module and installing the module into my PHP fixed the issue. I have checked the requirements doc, where I could not find this module dependency! So if I didn't miss related reference, please update the documentation and include this module also; may be helpful for someone else in future.

Thanks again for your help Paul. Thanks for your time to check Mike :)

8 hours ago, kala said:

Paul, you are my hero. I followed your instructions and here is the test result.

So it says missing 'iconv' PHP module and installing the module into my PHP fixed the issue. I have checked the requirements doc, where I could not find this module dependency! So if I didn't miss related reference, please update the documentation and include this module also; may be helpful for someone else in future.

You're welcome mate and Paul is a legend :D and now we know.

12 hours ago, kala said:

That's great news. I have updated the docs for recommended requirements, and also the support manager to mention iconv. I wonder if iconv was previously included in most PHP builds by default, it only recently seems to have become an issue. Either way, good to know and glad you're up and running! :blesta: