Credits not usable after update

mcarcadex

After i updated from 3.6.2 to 4.0.1 (3.6.2 -> 4.0.0 -> 4.0.1), then the customers could not pay with their credits anymore.

php version: 5.4.45-0+deb7u4

The problem occurs with old users.

I tried to make a quick testuser, and that user's credits worked.

Screenshot of a user with invoices: https://gyazo.com/9b38779c3d8fe869043b44ce26959ce4

Screenshot of payment site: https://gyazo.com/da12647a61cb1eb5f552708d4fb8e031

The customers could pay when i used version 3.6.2, i dont know if version 4.0.0 had the same issue, beacuse i updated to 4.0.1 after i updated to 4.0.0.

i think its a problem with my installation, but i dont know why its happening.

There seems to be 2 issues with applying credits:

1. A gateway must be selected in order to pay with credit. I believe this is because if you don't have enough credit, it will use the selected payment method as the backup for the remaining balance. However, if there is enough credit, then this shouldn't be a requirement.
  2. Applying credits that seem sufficient is sometimes an issue because of precision. For example, if the customer has a credit of $5.4999 it will be shown as $5.50. If paying an invoice that is $5.50, it will not go through because it's technically a bit short.

I think  @mcarcadex is experiencing the first issue, which is assigned CORE-2105 as mentioned by @Blesta Addons. I have bumped this to the top of the backlog.

I think @Jonathan is experiencing the 2nd issue that has to do with precision. CORE-1597 addresses that (also, duplicate task CORE-2354), which I've also bumped to the top of the backlog. I'll bring these up in our standup meeting today.

• 2 weeks later...