Direcatadmin uppercase username

Denroc

Question

Hello I'm currently trialing blesta on directadmin and notice if the user enters a directadmin username with uppercase characters in it the service is set to pending in blesta after changing the username to all lowercase so directadmin accepts it the service is then created is there a way around this?

12 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, Denroc said:

Is this likely to be fixed? I use da on all my servers so if not I will have to use and alternative billing solution.

you fix it manually, open file /components/modules/direct_admin/direct_admin_php

change line from (line should be 1129)

'domain' => isset($vars['direct_admin_domain']) ? $vars['direct_admin_domain'] : null,

to

'domain' => isset($vars['direct_admin_domain']) ? strtolower($vars['direct_admin_domain']) : null,

this should be a fix for your case .

On 7/11/2017 at 1:30 PM, Blesta Addons said:

you fix it manually, open file /components/modules/direct_admin/direct_admin_php

change line from (line should be 1129)

'domain' => isset($vars['direct_admin_domain']) ? $vars['direct_admin_domain'] : null,

to

'domain' => isset($vars['direct_admin_domain']) ? strtolower($vars['direct_admin_domain']) : null,

this should be a fix for your case .

Why are we changing the 'domain' to lower? shouldn't it be this line?

'username' => isset($vars['direct_admin_username']) ? $vars['direct_admin_username']: null,

Right so I tried the fix today but under 'username' that I mentioned above. I created a user called UpperMe and the account created successfully automatically and under the services menu showed

Username      
  upperme

I changed line 1230 in /components/modules/direct_admin/direct_admin_php

from

'username' => isset($vars['direct_admin_username']) ? $vars['direct_admin_username'] : null,

to

'username' => isset($vars['direct_admin_username']) ? strtolower($vars['direct_admin_username']) : null,

and NOT 'direct_admin_domain' as suggested by @Blesta Addons above.

1 hour ago, Denroc said:

Right so I tried the fix today but under 'username' that I mentioned above. I created a user called UpperMe and the account created successfully automatically and under the services menu showed

Username      
  upperme

I changed line 1230 in /components/modules/direct_admin/direct_admin_php

from

'username' => isset($vars['direct_admin_username']) ? $vars['direct_admin_username'] : null,

to

'username' => isset($vars['direct_admin_username']) ? strtolower($vars['direct_admin_username']) : null,

and NOT 'direct_admin_domain' as suggested by @Blesta Addons above.

You are right, i have make a mistake by selet the domain instead of the username, anyway the two should be lowercase :)