Stripe zip code

kepler

Question

Good afternoon

I've installed the module for the Stripe payments, made some tests, and everything is ok. Except, the zip code asked just next the CCC: it does not format correctly with the zip code from Portugal (for example, which are of the type xxxx-xxx). I wish to remove that requirement. I have a website made in WPress, for instance, that asks everything except that. Can someone tell me the line of code and the file in the Stripe gateways dir where I can deactivate the request of the zip code?

Best regards

4 answers to this question

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. For anyone who might need, we just have to go that file ( components/gateways/merchant/stripe_payments/views/default/cc_form.pdt ), and in the line:

// Create an instance of the card Element.
var card = elements.create('card', {style: style});

change it to (hide the zip option):

var card = elements.create('card', {style: style, hidePostalCode : true});

There are several settings and options we can control described at: https://stripe.com/docs/js/elements_object/create

Best regards,

Kepler

That field comes from the Stripe Elements and Stripe JS API.  It is an iframe that Blesta does not control directly and the zip code field I believe appears conditionally on the kind of card you enter.  You may be able to find some option in the API to alter this behavior.  In that case you would modify the JS in components/gateways/merchant/stripe_payments/views/default/cc_form.pdt 

The API reference is here https://stripe.com/docs/js

On 2/3/2020 at 5:15 PM, kepler said:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. For anyone who might need, we just have to go that file ( components/gateways/merchant/stripe_payments/views/default/cc_form.pdt ), and in the line:

var card = elements.create('card', {style: style});

change it to (hide the zip option):

var card = elements.create('card', {style: style, hidePostalCode : true});

There are several settings and options we can control described at: https://stripe.com/docs/js/elements_object/create

Best regards,

Kepler

@kepler Nice find; thanks for sharing!

@Jono Can this not be integrated into the UI as an option?