Stripe Gateway / Blesta Credit Card Storage Issue

ATS Larry

Question

Scenario 1

Customer adds a credit card to their account.
I have 'Store Card Information Offsite' TURNED OFF.
But have Stripe payments enabled.
Customer receives and invoice and tries to pay with the credit card they added to their account and it produces the error:

This card number looks invalid.

The customer goes and checks the credit card information and ensures that it's valid.

ISSUE/BUG: Blesta does not appear to be storing the credit card information properly and once the card information is added, it appears to corrupt the card information in some way to make it not readable to Stripe for payment processing purposes. I can reproduce this same error / bug, over and over again, no problem.

You can see the reproduction of the error in this video:

http://screencast.com/t/VuzsbDFJqKMK

Scenario 2

Customer adds a credit card to their account.
I have 'Store Card Information Offsite' TURNED ON and have Stripe payments enabled.
Customer receives and invoice and tries to pay with the credit card they added to their account, payment information goes through just fine.

We need more information as described in How to Report a Bug.

You briefly described the process of attempting a payment, but didn't include any gateway log information, or the information you have set in the payment account. Is this a live credit card number you're testing? If not, what is it? How can I duplicate your issue precisely?

Tyson,

I am using the card number 4242 4242 4242 4242 which is a test card with Stripe.  I have also tried it with a live card as well and it still produces the same error.  So the error doesn't lie with the card information.  It lies within the module somewhere.

The log shows what is shown here in this screen shot:

http://content.screencast.com/users/AximTS/folders/General/media/ed2ffa40-0e55-44fb-954c-09b1ae19b5d6/12.02.2013-17.png

Also, take a look at this video link at the process I am doing:

http://screencast.com/t/VuzsbDFJqKMK

To duplicate it:

1. Add a credit card to a customer from either the customer side or the admin side as a 'payment account'.

2. Create an invoice for the customer.

3. Try to pay the invoice with the customer account.

NOTE:  Make sure that your Stripe account is setup and UNCHECK the 'Store credit card information offline with Stripe'.  This is supposed to store the card information within Blesta for the transactions.

Now, try to make a payment, and you should find that this error is produced.

I can repeat this error, over and over again.  It wasn't just a 1 or 2 time error, it's a problem with the module or something.

It works fine if I do Scenario 2 though, as I described previously.

We need more information as described in How to Report a Bug.

You briefly described the process of attempting a payment, but didn't include any gateway log information, or the information you have set in the payment account. Is this a live credit card number you're testing? If not, what is it? How can I duplicate your issue precisely?

Hi Michael,

There is the problem, you don't have the same setup that will produce the bug.  As I described in my scenarios.  1 (storing card details in Blesta), doesn't work.  2 (storing card details with Stripe), work's fine.

Regards,

Larry

Oh so I use Scenario 2. :) ok so I understand now mate sorry :D

Oh so I use Scenario 2. :) ok so I understand now mate sorry :D

Michael,

Yes, Scenario 2 works just fine for me too, but it's Scenario 1 that I'm having trouble with, when the card information is stored with Blesta and not sent to Stripe for storage.  I'm not sure what Blesta's problem is, interfacing with Stripe when the card information is stored locally, but it doesn't like it at all.

We have tried it in the test scenario and also in a live scenario both with test cards and also with live cards (basically 4 different ways) and it still fails with the same error.

It's very odd indeed.

Regards,

Larry

To duplicate it:

1. Add a credit card to a customer from either the customer side or the admin side as a 'payment account'.

2. Create an invoice for the customer.

3. Try to pay the invoice with the customer account.

We're not able to duplicate this issue. It works fine for us whether stored offsite or not.

Have you tried to create and use alternate payment accounts successfully when not storing card numbers with Stripe?

We're not able to duplicate this issue. It works fine for us whether stored offsite or not.

Have you tried to create and use alternate payment accounts successfully when not storing card numbers with Stripe?

Yes, I have tried deleting the Payment Accounts and recreating them and that doesn't help anything.

The issue seems to be ONLY related to the 'Payment Accounts' function, when it stores the data in the system for later use.

Here's the video showing the reproduction of the error.  After you see the error, I show you that paying manually with a credit card at the time of order works just fine, which it does.  It's only when the 'stored' (payment account) is used that it doesn't work.

See this video:

http://screencast.com/t/525I1Wz33gL

Thanks!

Yes, I have tried deleting the Payment Accounts and recreating them and that doesn't help anything.

The issue seems to be ONLY related to the 'Payment Accounts' function, when it stores the data in the system for later use.

Here's the video showing the reproduction of the error.  After you see the error, I show you that paying manually with a credit card at the time of order works just fine, which it does.  It's only when the 'stored' (payment account) is used that it doesn't work.

See this video:

http://screencast.com/t/525I1Wz33gL

Thanks!

Doesn't look like your using the gateway. You need to go to the client area > click stripe on the payment gateway, then make the payment. I believe it will store the information after.

Doesn't look like your using the gateway. You need to go to the client area > click stripe on the payment gateway, then make the payment. I believe it will store the information after.

I'm not sure what you are referring to.  Can you please provide some screenshots as to what you mean / referring to?  I'm lost.  It should be using the Stripe Gateway.  Why wouldn't it?  I don't see where you are talking about.

Thanks,

Larry

Even if I login as the client and I click to add funds to my account from the 'Payment Account', then it also produces this error.  It appears to be some sort of problem with the 'payment accounts'.  They don't work or don't interact with Stripe as they should.

I can duplicate this over and over again on my installation.

I'm not sure what you are referring to.  Can you please provide some screenshots as to what you mean / referring to?  I'm lost.  It should be using the Stripe Gateway.  Why wouldn't it?  I don't see where you are talking about.

Thanks,

Larry

I'm probably wrong then, but I thought Stripe would process the order, then Blesta would store them with a token to verify the card information. (I'm guessing because I don't have a dev install atm to test, my mate is using it to build a module).

If this is an issue with Payment Accounts, I'd expect to hear from more people about it. I'm more suspect of Stripe and how that's configured than anything else at this point. What version of Stripe's API are you using? You can find that in your Stripe account under API keys.

After updating, I tried again with no success.

Here's an up to date screenshot of the log in Blesta so you can see what is going on.

http://screencast.com/t/3EWDP1pva7

I don't see anywhere in the input log where it is passing credit card information. It looks to me like it's trying to pass the word 'number' for some reason, but I am not sure if I am deciphering that code properly.

Please take a look at the screenshot at the above link and let me know.

Thanks,

Larry

Based on the log in your screenshot, you don't have a credit card number set on your payment account, so when it sends credit card data to Stripe, there is no card to send, thus the card error.

I suspect this is because you had the Stripe gateway set to 'store credit card data offsite', then you created a payment account (and it stored it offsite; i.e. card number is not stored in Blesta). Then you removed the 'store credit card data offsite' option from Stripe, and tried to provision a payment. Well, the payment account does not have any card data, since it's stored offsite, but it tries to send the card data from the payment account, which doesn't exist. This would be user error, since it doesn't make sense to require credit cards to be stored offsite, and do so, then try to use them as if they were stored in Blesta.

Tyson,

Let me record you a video of exactly what I am doing and what I am trying to do and you tell me what I am doing wrong and we can go from there.  I don't think it's user error by any means, it's a problem of how payment accounts are working / functioning I am pretty sure I am doing everything correctly and using the system properly.

Thanks,

Larry

Tyson,

It shows:

a:3:{s:6:"amount";i:105;s:8:"currency";s:3:"usd";s:4:"card";a:10:{s:6:"number";s:0:"";s:9:"exp_month";s:2:"xx";s:8:"exp_year";s:4:"xxxx";s:4:"name";s:13:"Larry Braziel";s:13:"address_line1";s:10:"PO Box 423";s:13:"address_line2";s:0:"";s:11:"address_zip";s:5:"30513";s:13:"address_state";s:2:"GA";s:15:"address_country";s:3:"USA";s:3:"cvc";s:0:"";}}

AND

a:1:{s:5:"error";a:4:{s:7:"message";s:30:"This card number looks invalid";s:4:"type";s:10:"card_error";s:5:"param";s:6:"number";s:4:"code";s:14:"invalid_number";}}

Still the same error....

So... do you still say... "User error?" or is it a problem with the 'payment accounts' feature?

What do you suggest?  I mean, I don't want to have a 1/2 working system here.  I need something that works 100% as it should work.

If I someone can't pay with saved card information, then what's the point?

Thanks,
Larry

I just tested this myself with the current API using the exact same variables in your video and it passed the card information without any issue.  Hmm...

That is so bizarre.  You see that I'm not just saying it, you see the proof for yourself.  That's a little strange, huh?

Perhaps I have a corrupted install.

I guess I will have to reinstall it again and try it again, that's all I can think of.  I don't want to loose everything I have entered so far, but it's not much.

Thanks,

Larry