Upgrade Bug

exception0x876

I have upgraded to 5.9.3 today and discovered a bug in the upgrade step components/upgrades/tasks/upgrade5_8_1.php

The query that fails there is ALTER TABLE `contact_permissions` CHANGE `client_id` `client_id` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL

It fails with the following error

general.ERROR: PDOException: SQLSTATE[01000]: Warning: 1265 Data truncated for column
 'client_id' at row 8 in ..../vendors/minphp/db/src/PdoConnection.php:196 Stack trace: #0 ..../vendors/minphp/db/src/PdoConnection.php(196): PDOStatement->execute(Array) #1 ..../components/upgrades/tasks/upgrade5_8_1.php(87): Minphp\Db\PdoConnection->query('ALTER TABLE `co...
') #2 ..../components/upgrades/tasks/upgrade5_8_1.php(54): Upgrade5_8_1->setContactPermissio
nClientId() #3 ..../components/upgrades/upgrades.php(294): Upgrade5_8_1->process('setContact
Permi...') #4 .../components/upgrades/upgrades.php(103): Upgrades->processObject(Object(Upg
rade5_8_1), NULL) #5 ..../app/controllers/admin_upgrade.php(109): Upgrades->start('5.8.0-b1'
, '5.9.3') #6 ..../vendors/minphp/bridge/src/Lib/Dispatcher.php(142): AdminUpgrade->process(
) #7 ..../index.php(21): Dispatcher::dispatch('/admin/upgrade/...') #8 {main}

I have fixed this error by running the following query manually

delete cp.* from contact_permissions cp left join contacts c on cp.contact_id=c.id where c.id is null

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2024 at 11:18 PM, exception0x876 said:

I have upgraded to 5.9.3 today and discovered a bug in the upgrade step components/upgrades/tasks/upgrade5_8_1.php

The query that fails there is ALTER TABLE `contact_permissions` CHANGE `client_id` `client_id` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL

It fails with the following error

general.ERROR: PDOException: SQLSTATE[01000]: Warning: 1265 Data truncated for column
 'client_id' at row 8 in ..../vendors/minphp/db/src/PdoConnection.php:196 Stack trace: #0 ..../vendors/minphp/db/src/PdoConnection.php(196): PDOStatement->execute(Array) #1 ..../components/upgrades/tasks/upgrade5_8_1.php(87): Minphp\Db\PdoConnection->query('ALTER TABLE `co...
') #2 ..../components/upgrades/tasks/upgrade5_8_1.php(54): Upgrade5_8_1->setContactPermissio
nClientId() #3 ..../components/upgrades/upgrades.php(294): Upgrade5_8_1->process('setContact
Permi...') #4 .../components/upgrades/upgrades.php(103): Upgrades->processObject(Object(Upg
rade5_8_1), NULL) #5 ..../app/controllers/admin_upgrade.php(109): Upgrades->start('5.8.0-b1'
, '5.9.3') #6 ..../vendors/minphp/bridge/src/Lib/Dispatcher.php(142): AdminUpgrade->process(
) #7 ..../index.php(21): Dispatcher::dispatch('/admin/upgrade/...') #8 {main}

delete cp.* from contact_permissions cp left join contacts c on cp.contact_id=c.id where c.id is null

I am experiencing the same issue, when did you run the query you posted, prior to upgrading or after?

3 hours ago, Jason Ryan said:

I am experiencing the same issue, when did you run the query you posted, prior to upgrading or after?

Your issue is much earlier, in a 5.5 upgrade task. Not to say you won't experience the same issue if your upgrade makes it to 5.8.

In any case, I've mentioned this to the team so we can investigate. This is an issue for some people, but not all people so it may  be partly dependent on MySQL/MariaDB version. @exception0x876 what is your MySQL or MariaDB version?

On 3/10/2024 at 8:18 PM, exception0x876 said:

Thanks! 

This fixed it for me going from 5.8.0-b1 to 5.8.3