Having Problems

netwise

I want to delete a couple Packages and when I di I get the following message.

" The package could not be deleted because a service is currently using it ".

I have gone through and made sure all services were in a canceled state, I can find NO WAY to delete services..

Anyone help?

5 minutes ago, Licensecart said:

Because you can't delete a package which had a service attached and you can't delete a service, so just put the old packages in restricted and create new ones :).

Thanks.. but I must say thats a VERY messy way to handle tings.. If I WANT to delete something i SHOULD have the RIGHT to.

6 minutes ago, netwise said:

Thanks.. but I must say thats a VERY messy way to handle tings.. If I WANT to delete something i SHOULD have the RIGHT to.

There's two ways:

1. Edit the database and if it breaks => software is useless

2. Use a plugin.

But doing so could break your countries law. Like some countries you have to keep a record of invoices, client accounts and sometimes services.

@Paul in my poor logic :

Delete a pricing or a package that has all related services canceled should be exist and handled . I dont see any  obstacle for this .

It has no sense for me at least save a package in restrict status just because 1 pricing is was used for so many edge ago !!! every year i sbould make universary party for my old packages and services :D

16 hours ago, naja7host said:

@Paul in my poor logic :

Delete a pricing or a package that has all related services canceled should be exist and handled . I dont see any  obstacle for this .

It has no sense for me at least save a package in restrict status just because 1 pricing is was used for so many edge ago !!! every year i sbould make universary party for my old packages and services :D

In order to accomplish that we have to make it so that the relationship between cancelled services and packages no longer exist, or does not matter. Or, we do a sort of "soft delete" on packages, where they still technically exist in the system, but are erased from the interface.

So, I agree with you, it just takes some work to ensure that everything is handled properly and it doesn't introduce other issues.

What are your thoughts on a "soft delete"? Because this is the simplest way to implement deletes throughout the system. However, some people want the data to be physically deleted from the system.

what i think is the fallowing easy conditions .

no soft delete if the pricing_id is used in a active service , even if is 1  service . that is totally clear and we don't have any claim in this .

now , if the pricing_id is used in 1 or more services n and that services all are canceled , as now in blesta there are no option to re-activate canceled services , so we can delete the pricing id from the system and from database without any problem . i don't see any problem here .

my DELETE = delete from database , not just hide it or make it unused .  if you want a true case take this .

i have selling package "XXX" with 5 terms , after some time we have decided to let only 3 term , we have changed the order form (blesta v2) and we forced client in renew to choose new term , the two other terms now are not used in any active service ; in actual order form the two term are shown and client can select them , we was forced to delete them from database .

• 5 months later...

Did this ever get implemented? I ask because I am having the same issue and can't mark the package as inactive because the DirectAdmin server no longer exists. Is there anyway around this? I would like to remove the entire DirectAdmin module since I'm no longer using that but am unable to.

On 1/30/2017 at 4:49 PM, kaptk2 said:

Did this ever get implemented? I ask because I am having the same issue and can't mark the package as inactive because the DirectAdmin server no longer exists. Is there anyway around this? I would like to remove the entire DirectAdmin module since I'm no longer using that but am unable to.

We're planning some UX improvements to Packages, but you should still be able to change a Package from "Active" to "Inactive". If the DA server doesn't exist, you could create a new fake DA server in the module, and change it to that and make inactive. I realize this creates a sort of catch-22, which we'll be addressing.