Rotation Policy ?

Timothy

Question

I am curious what the rotation policy is supposed to do? From my understanding it should delete the logs, but in most cases it does not appear to do so.

For example I have 1012 pages of cron logs which date back to December 31. The Gateway logs  date back to the 12th of December. Everything else dates back to October.

The rotation policy is set to 30 days and has been since the install. Am I not understanding how it works?

2 answers to this question

I am curious what the rotation policy is supposed to do? From my understanding it should delete the logs, but in most cases it does not appear to do so.

For example I have 1012 pages of cron logs which date back to December 31. The Gateway logs  date back to the 12th of December. Everything else dates back to October.

The rotation policy is set to 30 days and has been since the install. Am I not understanding how it works?

Rotation Policy controls the amount of time to retain most log data, cron log being the exception as that is controlled by the Blesta.cron_log_retention_days configuration.

Options that control what logs to delete can be found in the configuration. They include:

Blesta.auto_delete_accountaccess_logs

Blesta.auto_delete_contact_logs

Blesta.auto_delete_email_logs

Blesta.auto_delete_gateway_logs

Blesta.auto_delete_module_logs

Blesta.auto_delete_transaction_logs

Blesta.auto_delete_user_logs