No Matches Found For That User/password Combination.

AKATheGeek

Question

Whenever I try to log into my admin account I get this error:

No matches found for that user/password combination.

I log into PHPMyAdmin and I am able to set a user/client ID to my admin log in and I am able to log in, (but with client privileges of course)

When I set a staff ID to the admin log in, I get that error. 

I thought it was a password problem, but thats not the case because of the above situation. I can not even do the "forget password" on the front end because it will not send the email.

The other day I was able to log in just fine, and now I can not.

So I guess I am asking how do I create/reset an admin account if I cant even log into/not found my current admin account?

13 answers to this question

If submitting your username at /admin/login/reset/ does not produce an email in the log_email table then the username you provided doesn't match any staff user. Remember, your username is not necessarily your email address. Look in the users table for your admin user. Note the id, then look in the staff table for a staff user with that same id set for the user_id field. If you don't find on, that user is not a staff member.

ok I understand, but when I copy the hash from a known working password that I can log in fine (client) and copy it to the admin, it acts like there is no staff account. So I go and create a new staff account and realign the user IDs and still no dice. I am assuming something in the staff_ tables are not correct, any other ideas? 

and thank you for your help!

ok I understand, but when I copy the hash from a known working password that I can log in fine (client) and copy it to the admin, it acts like there is no staff account. So I go and create a new staff account and realign the user IDs and still no dice. I am assuming something in the staff_ tables are not correct, any other ideas? 

and thank you for your help!

I suppose you could do that, register a client account with a password, then copy the password hash to the staff table one, but if you have nothing important on the current install I recommend a full re-install. Start fresh.

Why would it send a password reset email to the test client and not the admin even if both are the same info and vice versa? I would like to figure this out if it happens in the future when I have real information on blesta.

That's down to your server, do you have a mail queue you can see if something's stuck.