Enom Module Whois Tab

AdamDG

Question

When managing a domain name registration service that was created using the eNom module, nothing happens when I click on the Whois tab.  The other three tabs (Basic Options, Name Servers and Settings) all seem to work fine.  Any ideas?

I need to be able to turn on the eNom ID Protect feature to mask client contact details when registering domain names.  Is this supported?  I assume that if it is, it would be in the Whois tab that currently does not seem to work.  In any case, I would like this to be the default setting when registering new domain names.  Is that possible?

3 answers to this question

I don't believe the module supports ID protect. That may make a good feature request, though. Does it cost you money to enable the feature? Their documentation appears to indicate that there is a cost associated with using it.

As for the Whois tab not loading, that may be caused by an error attempting to load the page. You may want to check the Module Logs under [Tools] -> [Logs] after attempting to load the page. If nothing appears out of place there, then check the php error logs on the server. If you're familiar with web browser dev tools, you could also check the network response from that action to see if any errors are occurring.

The whois tab was not able to load because the enom module code encountered an error when trying to process the "address line 2" field of the whois data for the domain that I was dealing with, which happened to contain no data.  The module code expects string data to be returned for every whois field and the script crashes (indirectly, via helpers/html/html.php) if that is not the case.  I fixed this by adding if(is_string($value)) at line 1043 of components/modules/enom/enom.php which effectively ignores empty values.

Yes, using the ID Protect feature for a domain is an additional charge.  In our case, we register all domains that way be default and consider the cost in the pricing of our domain registration service.  It would be optimal, however, to be able to set different pricing based on whether or not the option was selected.  It does not appear to be very difficult to control this feature via the enom API.  I may modify the module to include this functionality.