We are pleased to announce that Blesta 4.6.0 BETA 1 has been released!
Can I participate in the beta?
If you have an owned or monthly license with us directly, you may download blesta-4.6.0-b1.zip in the client area now (Login Required). If you obtained your license from a reseller or distributor, you may be able to participate. Contact your reseller to find out. As with any beta, this release is for non-production use only and is unsupported. During installation, choose to start a free trial, open a ticket to request a trial key, or use your dev license if you have one.
Once you are up and running, head to the forums to report any issues and let us know what you think! If you have a license and are verified or become verified on our Discord chat, you’ll have access to a license holder only beta forum.
(Caption: Optionally set a different renew price for Packages. Good for onboarding discounts.)
So what is new in 4.6?
Blesta version 4.6 includes some unique new features, usability improvements, updated extensions, and more.
These extensions are new with Blesta 4.6.
- Widepay gateway. (See docs.)
- cPanel - Added Single Sign On (SSO) support. Show account totals for each server group.
- cWatch - Implement license upgrades/downgrades and many other improvements.
- DirectAdmin, Proxmox - Added a port field for non-standard API ports.
Changes to the Core
- Renewal Price Option - Optionally set a renew price that is different from the new price for services.
- Configurable Options - You can now set a default option.
- Configurable Options - You can now mark options as “inactive”, so that the option is not available to new clients.
- Configurable Options - You can set descriptions for options that appear as tooltips.
- Invoices - Can now be voided when a service is cancelled even if it is past due, up to a time you specify. (Settings > Company > Billing/Payment)
- Invoices - Improved support for avoiding deadlocks when invoice generation is running.
- Invoices - Invoice search now allows searching by the Invoice ID.
- New Setting allows forcing unique email addresses for clients or all contacts. (Settings > Company > Client Options > General Client Settings)
- When adding a service manually as a staff member, you can select the module row / server to be used, overriding Package settings.
- Module log now includes the staff member that initiated the action.
- When recording payment for a client, staff may now select a status other than “Approved”.
- Client Area - Now show “Pending” transactions in the transactions widget.
Changes for Developers
- Added an FTP(S) library to the core. Previously only SFTP was supported through phpseclib. Currently used by the cWatch module.
Note Regarding Hotfixes
Blesta now ships with bundled encoded files that support PHP 5.4 through PHP 7.3 out of the box. This means that you should not need to upload any hotfixes unless you are running a version of Ioncube loaders older than version 10.1. If you are running old Ioncube loaders, upgrade Ioncube or apply the following hotfix based on your PHP version:
- PHP version >= 7.1.0 - use /hotfix-php71/blesta/
- PHP version >= 5.6.0 and < 7.1.0 - use /hotfix-php7/blesta/
- PHP version >= 5.4.0 and < 5.6.0 - use /hotfix-php54/blesta/
See the release notes for more details on this release.
Is there something you want to see in Blesta? Create a new feature request or upvote an existing one!
When is the final release?
Version 4.6 will be officially released after the beta phase has completed, which we expect to take a few weeks. Once we deem 4.6 stable for production, a final release will be issued. You can help by participating in the beta!