With much anticipation, we are pleased to announce that Blesta 4.0.0 BETA 1 has been released! This release is shaping up to be the biggest since 3.0 with over 300 tasks completed.
Can I participate in the beta?
If you have an owned or monthly license with us directly, you may download blesta-4.0.0-b1.zip in the client area now (Login Required). If you obtained your license from a reseller or distributor, you may be able to participate. Contact your reseller to find out. As with any beta, and especially a major release like this one this is for non-production use only and is unsupported. During installation, choose to start a free trial or use your dev license if you have one.
Once you are up and running, head to the forums to report any issues and let us know what you think!Visit the Beta Forums!
So what is new in 4.0?
Version 4.0 includes an upgrade to minPHP 1.0, our PHP framework, and raises the minimum system requirements to PHP 5.4. We recommend running the beta under PHP 5.6. If you plan to run v4 under PHP 7, please wait for a subsequent beta release as there are known issues with PHP 7 in beta 1.
New or Updated Extensions
- Mass Mailer Plugin lets you filter and email specific clients, or export to use in your email campaign software
- Blesta License Module is now included with Blesta for Blesta resellers
- Multicraft - Add support for v2 of API and force port 25565 (configurable) for dedicated IPs
- SolusVM - Allow base IP quantity to be set for the Package
- Order - Float order summary box to the top on order forms if page scrolls
- Order - Preselect country and state/province using GeoIP during checkout
- Order - Update ReCaptcha to version 2
- Order - New order form visibility options: Public, Shared, Client Only
- Order - Add link to client area to show available order forms
- Order - Store IP address of order and add tag to order notifications
Also, an exciting new module will be included in a subsequent beta.
Changes to the Core
- Add an “In Review” dialog for services at the top of the client dashboard (beta 2)
- Added the ability to bulk void invoices on client profile pages (beta 2)
- Refresh admin and client themes to give a new, cleaner look and feel
- Updated buttons in the admin UI in favor of Bootstrap buttons
- Updated all icons in the admin UI in favor of Font Awesome
- Replaced navigation with a drop down menu instead for the admin area
- Improved client area navigation and made it always visible
- Replaced admin Dashboard and Billing Overview graphs with interactive nvd3 graphs
And a whole lot more! There’s over 300 tasks in this release, see the release notes for more details.
When is the final release?
Version 4.0 will be officially released after the beta phase has completed. Given that 4.0 is a major release, we expect there will be more betas than typical with a minor release. Once we deem 4.0 stable for production, a final release will be issued. You can help speed things along by participating in the beta!