We are pleased to announce that Blesta 4.1.0 BETA 1 has been released!
Can I participate in the beta?
If you have an owned or monthly license with us directly, you may download blesta-4.1.0-b1.zip in the client area now (Login Required). If you obtained your license from a reseller or distributor, you may be able to participate. Contact your reseller to find out. As with any beta, this release is for non-production use only and is unsupported. During installation, choose to start a free trial or use your dev license if you have one.
Once you are up and running, head to the forums to report any issues and let us know what you think!
Visit the Beta Forums!
So what is new in 4.1?
4.1 is the first minor release to follow the release of FOUR earlier this year. It contains many minor improvements, new features, and some exciting new options for developers. While not yet bundled with this release, we have 5 new modules, and 3 new payment gateways that you can download now.
New or Updated Extensions
- TCAdmin 2 module (Download from Github).
- VestaCP module (Download from Github).
- Virtualmin module (Download from Github).
- WHMSonic module (Download from the forums).
- Centovacast module (Download from the forums).
- PayUmoney gateway (Download from Github).
- Alipay gateway (Download from the forums).
- Yandex gateway (Download from the forums).
- Plesk: Added support for version 12 as well as Onyx (17.5).
- Support Manager: Department email passwords are now encrypted.
- Support Manager: Added option not to send ticket received confirmation email.
- DirectAdmin: Added support for resetting account password.
- Order: Always run fraud checks for new orders, even for existing clients.
- Order: Coupon tag now available to Order Received email.
- Order: Packages with no available quantity now show as “Out of stock” on the order form.
- Import Manager: Made improvements to the WHMCS importer.
Changes to the Core
- New Monolog logging of exceptions and user actions (See Settings > System > General for the log path).
- New language selector appears on client and portal pages when more than one language is installed.
- A module no longer has to be selected when creating a Package.
- Invoice search now includes invoice line items as well.
- Increased pricing decimal length from 12,4 to 19,4, supporting larger numbers.
- Add coupon field for internal use only which can prevent specific coupons from being used on order forms.
- Allow optional client/contact fields to be required. See Settings > Client Groups.
Changes for Developers
- Plugins can register the same action more than once (For example, multiple primary nav links).
- Added custom language file ~/language/en_us/_global-example.php.
- Added many additional events / hooks. See the list of Event Handlers.
And more! See the release notes for more details.
Is there something you want to see in Blesta? Create a new feature request or upvote an existing one!
When is the final release?
Version 4.1 will be officially released after the beta phase has completed, which we expect to take several weeks. Once we deem 4.1 stable for production, a final release will be issued. You can help by participating in the beta!