We are pleased to announce that Blesta 4.7.0 BETA 1 has been released!
Can I participate in the beta?
If you have an owned or monthly license with us directly, you may download blesta-4.7.0-b1.zip in the client area now (Login Required). If you obtained your license from a reseller or distributor, you may be able to participate. Contact your reseller to find out. As with any beta, this release is for non-production use only and is unsupported. During installation, choose to start a free trial, open a ticket to request a trial key, or use your dev license if you have one.
Once you are up and running, head to the forums to report any issues and let us know what you think! If you have a license and are verified or become verified on our Discord chat, you’ll have access to a license holder only beta forum.
Visit the Beta Forums!
Visit Discord Chat!
(Caption: Stripe 3DS / SCA (Strong Customer Authentication) support, during checkout.)
So what is new in 4.7?
Blesta version 4.7 includes an updated gateway system with support for the new Stripe Payments 3DS/SCA gateway, new features & improvements, updated extensions, and more.
These extensions are new with Blesta 4.7.
- Stripe Payments (With SCA, 3DS Support). (See docs.)
Note! If you are using Stripe with tokenization currently, you can install the new Stripe Payments
gateway and run the Migration utility to move all existing offsite payment accounts to the new gateway.
- DirectAdmin - Clients are no longer required to provide a username, password, or email address.
- DirectAdmin - Added a password generator when changing password.
- Plesk - Updated the strength of automatic password generator.
- cPanel - Domains beginning with “test” no longer result in invalid usernames beginning with “test”.
- VestaCP - Now always generates a unique username that does not already exist in VestaCP.
- Support Manager - Tickets can now be assigned or re-assigned to clients.
- Support Manager - Additional client information now included in email tags.
- Support Manager - Ticket submit button now disabled on click to prevent multiple submissions.
- Order Manager - Orders can now be searched by order number.
- Order Manager - Custom client field default options are now observed on order forms.
- Order Manager - Updated to support the new merchant gateway interface MerchantCcForm.
Changes to the Core
- Updated the merchant gateway system, adding the interface MerchantCcForm to support SCA gateways like Stripe Payments.
- Pay Now links now show a message if the invoice was already paid.
- Logging - The Client Settings logs can now be viewed under Tools > Logs.
- Addons - Renew price and service information is now shown for addon services.
- Client search now includes secondary contacts.
- Amounts are now rounded to the precision specified for the currency, improving rounding.
- Added a markdown editor for Package and Package Option descriptions.
- Added many new tooltips for non-trivial settings.
Changes for Developers
- Added the new merchant gateway interface MerchantCcForm.
Note Regarding Hotfixes
Blesta now ships with bundled encoded files that support PHP 5.4 through PHP 7.3 out of the box. This means that you should not need to upload any hotfixes unless you are running a version of Ioncube loaders older than version 10.1. If you are running old Ioncube loaders, upgrade Ioncube or apply the following hotfix based on your PHP version:
- PHP version >= 7.1.0 - use /hotfix-php71/blesta/
- PHP version >= 5.6.0 and < 7.1.0 - use /hotfix-php7/blesta/
- PHP version >= 5.4.0 and < 5.6.0 - use /hotfix-php54/blesta/
See the release notes for more details on this release.
Is there something you want to see in Blesta? Create a new feature request or upvote an existing one!
When is the final release?
Version 4.7 will be officially released after the beta phase has completed, which we expect to happen soon. Once we deem 4.7 stable for production, a final release will be issued. You can help by participating in the beta!