In House Credit via API

mcrowson

Question

I have an invoice that I would like to close with an in house credit. I can see easily how to do this in the GUI, but am attempting to do so via the API.

When I make a POST to Transactions, it only allows types of cc, ach, and other. How do I go about using the API to create a credit and apply it to an invoice?

1 answer to this question

A credit just means that there exists a transaction amount that is not applied to an invoice.

If you wanted to create an in-house credit, you would just create a new transaction of type "other" and set the transaction_type_id to the ID that represents the In-House Credit in the system. You can fetch the types (to determine the transaction_type_id) via Transactions::getTypes.

So to create and apply a credit:

1. Create a transaction - The transaction amount is now a credit because it has not been applied to an invoice
  2. Apply the transaction to invoice(s) - The transaction amount can be applied to 1 or more invoices of your choosing