Paypal Configuration And Testing

mitsos

Question

Hi all,

Do you need to configure anything on the paypal site for the paypal payments standard gateway module? So far I have setup the customized template, the API signature and IPN (url=root of blesta install, with message delivery enabled. Do I need to create any buttons/subscriptions separately for the products  or does the module take care of that automatically (takes the price I put into the package and the description and takes care of the rest)?

Thank you

4 answers to this question

Once your PayPal module is enabled and configured the customer will be given payment options and one of them will be PayPal Payments Standard.  Once they select that they will checkout and a PayPal link as well as a PayPal Subscription link will be placed at the bottom.  Both are taken care of by the module.

You can also create a PayPal Sandbox account, use the sandbox API credentials in your module and select 'Test Mode' in your module and go through the checkout to see it.

Ah, that makes sense. Was surprised when I saw the paypal settings blank and couldn't remember if I had set them up in the past (when using that other "billing" system (*cough* HB *cough*)).

Thanks for the response. Perhaps consider adding this info on the module documentation page.

Ah, that makes sense. Was surprised when I saw the paypal settings blank and couldn't remember if I had set them up in the past (when using that other "billing" system (*cough* HB *cough*)).

Thanks for the response. Perhaps consider adding this info on the module documentation page.

No problem.   :D @ double quoted "billing" reference.

They definitely will be improving documentation.  They've been pretty focused on quality control since v3 which was a completely new version.