Finally Switching / Dns Questions

FRH Dave

Question

Most of you know probably already know that we use a reseller account for our shared hosting.  We have our own colo'd servers for VPSes, but there just hasn't been enough per-unit profitability to justify doing the same for shared hosting.  Now you know.

We're getting ready to move from our InnoHosting-based WHMCS installation to our Blesta installation hosted on another provider's VPS.  We'll also be moving the main site over as well.  Many of our existing shared hosting customers will be remaining at InnoHosting for now, and we will soon be launching our own shared nodes in our home DC.  So we'll end up with our website on an off-net VPS, some shared at InnoHosting (cPanel), and some shared on our colo gear (InterWorx).

I'd like to continue using InnoHosting for ns3 & ns4 (we're keeping that reseller account open, so why not?), while moving ns1 & ns2 to the Blesta VPS.  In the future I'll add some more geographic diversity.

How do I ensure that the new ns1 & ns2 on the Blesta VPS contain all the information for all my shared hosting customers on the InnoHosting server?  Is this the "synchronize DNS records" function in WHM?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet