Password Strength is often too weak when Blesta tries to create new Hosting Accounts

Saturn

Question

The strength of passwords that is being created for new hosting accounts, by Blesta, when new hosting accounts are being ordered / created seems very inconsistent.

Sometimes a password will look like this - tes(e6qiz#

and sometimes like this - rde4zua7yh

It seems that Blesta only rarely creates hosting account passwords which include capital letters.

I have my Cpanel servers set to a minimum password strength for new hosting accounts of 80 which is only moderately high.

I am finding that new Cpanel accounts being created by Blesta are failing to be created automatically about 40% of the time due to the password

being below 80 password strength as rated by Cpanel.

Another issue is that I also have a server with Interworx / Siteworx panel, and it seems the only way on a server with Interworx to increase the required password strength

is to increase the minimum number of characters for passwords from the default of 10 to a larger number.

Is there a way to increase the minimum complexity of the new passwords that Blesta creates for new hosting accounts?

Is there a way to increase the minimum number of characters of the new passwords that Blesta creates for new hosting accounts?

Also of course to maintain these conditions when clients try to change passwords in the future?

Thanks

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet