Paypal Subscriptions

Virtovo

Question

7 answers to this question

Does Blesta cancel Paypal subscriptions when services are cancelled?  This is exposed by the Paypal API so wondered if it was implemented here.

I recently canceled a subscription (done through paypal) and it did not cancel it for me in paypal.  It would have been nice if it did though.

I recently canceled a subscription (done through paypal) and it did not cancel it for me in paypal.  It would have been nice if it did though.

Unless I'm mistaken I don't believe Blesta has the authority over someone's Paypal account like that.  When they order services via Blesta a form is being submitted to Paypal as a suggestion to which the user is redirected and logged in to submit confirmation.

Unless I'm mistaken I don't believe Blesta has the authority over someone's Paypal account like that.  When they order services via Blesta a form is being submitted to Paypal as a suggestion to which the user is redirected and logged in to submit confirmation.

The Paypal API offers the opportunity for the subscription receiver to cancel the subscription (just as they can from their subscriptions dashboard within Paypal.

Does Blesta cancel Paypal subscriptions when services are cancelled?  This is exposed by the Paypal API so wondered if it was implemented here.

Blesta will not cancel the subscription when the service is cancelled. Blesta ships with PayPal Payments Standard. This API does not support cancelling or modifying subscriptions. Only PayPal Express Checkout supports this option.

Feel free to make a Feature Request if you want PayPal Express Checkout.

Blesta will not cancel the subscription when the service is cancelled. Blesta ships with PayPal Payments Standard. This API does not support cancelling or modifying subscriptions. Only PayPal Express Checkout supports this option.

Feel free to make a Feature Request if you want PayPal Express Checkout.

What's the difference mate?