Order Confirmation for Clients

bady

Question

Hello,

We are currently still using WHMCS, but would like to switch to Blesta. Unfortunately, when checking Blesta, I did not find any possibility that the customer receives an order confirmation with a summary of the order (customer data, order summary, payment modalities, etc.) by e-mail after sending the order?
Have I overlooked the option or can Blesta not do this?
In this country, it is unfortunately legally obligatory that the customer receives an order confirmation after placing the order and that this also contains the terms and conditions and cancellation policy as a PDF. Without this function, Blesta is unfortunately not usable in Germany, would it be possible for this to be integrated in the short term?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

4 hours ago, bady said:

Hello,

We are currently still using WHMCS, but would like to switch to Blesta. Unfortunately, when checking Blesta, I did not find any possibility that the customer receives an order confirmation with a summary of the order (customer data, order summary, payment modalities, etc.) by e-mail after sending the order?
Have I overlooked the option or can Blesta not do this?
In this country, it is unfortunately legally obligatory that the customer receives an order confirmation after placing the order and that this also contains the terms and conditions and cancellation policy as a PDF. Without this function, Blesta is unfortunately not usable in Germany, would it be possible for this to be integrated in the short term?

Thanks!

Forgive me, not familiar with German law but you can add anything you want to the system emails in terms of content. I'm not sure on a PDF but could you not just link to a pdf within the order confirmation email?

Like yourself we switched here and have never looked back - But we don't have those laws here in the UK!

A link to the terms and conditions is unfortunately not allowed.

How do I create an order confirmation that is sent to the customer directly after the order? Unfortunately, I can only find a template for an email to the admins that an order has been received.

I'd assume the easiest way would be to use - "Blesta Order System" as a template email and add the T&C's as a pdf in that case. I'm assuming invoice delivery covers any potential requirements on that front?

A new order has been received by the system.

Summary

Order Form: {order.order_form_name}
Order Number: {order.order_number}
Amount: {invoice.total} {order.currency}
IP Address: {order.ip_address}{% if order.fraud_status !="" %}
Fraud Status: {order.fraud_status}{% endif %}

Client Details

{order.client_id_code}
{order.client_first_name} {order.client_last_name}
{order.client_company}
{order.client_address1}
{order.client_email}

Items Ordered

{% for item in services %}{item.package.name}
{item.name}{% for option in item.options %}
{option.option_label} x{option.qty}: {option.option_value}{% endfor %}

--
{% endfor %}

That particular template seems to have everything you'd need as a base email then you could simply attach relevant docs to it - Provided they don't need to be personalised to each client 

Edited by ChristopherB
Silly typo