Attach A Pdf To An Invoice

10RUPTiV

Question

Hi,

We need to be able to attach a PDF document when we create an invoice.   The client don't need to pay the invoice to see the pdf.

The purpose, it's when we are billing our monthly hours, we always attach a PDF with our time accouting report, before Blesta, we send the PDF by email manually and create an invoice after.  What will be nice it's to be able to attach it when creating a new invoice so the client can just open it if he want some details..

6 answers to this question

+1

I think I like this idea as well.  Perhaps this post can just be moved to Feature Requests.

Would be a nice feature request. I'd +1 it wouldn't use it though unless it was default.

What do you mean unless it was default?

+1

I think I like this idea as well.  Perhaps this post can just be moved to Feature Requests.

What do you mean unless it was default?

if the pdf was sent with the email without changing any settings. Because we don't need pdfs clients can download them manually.

What you can do (and I'd actually prefer this from a customer perspective), is update the invoice email template to send a unique link (unique for each client and invoice) to download the PDF that contains the time accounting report.

See customizing emails for more details.

Cody,

The problem is, it's not ALL clients that have a PDF.   I really prefer for our business, that when my staff create a "time" invoice, they just hit a "Upload" button that can upload a PDF for this invoice and that, the client, if he WANT it, he can connect on the client interface and download it.  Most of the time, client don't need it but if we don't give them a way to get it, they need to email us asking the document and that cause us delay for the payment.

I have no problem to pay Blesta for this custom plugin. ;)