Allow Merchant Gateways To Insert Markup

velaware

Some (a lot?) of merchant gateways use custom code such as via JavaScript to circumvent PCI compliance issues.  From chat with Paul in the forum's chat system, Blesta currently only akllows inserting HTML into the order process for nonmerchants like the PayPal button.

To be more available to other payment solutions, I'm requesting that this same option be available to merchant gateways as well.

We've been looking into this for a while. I wish it were as simple as including javascript, but it's really much more than that. The gateway system would need to be able to interject into the add payment account / process payment in order to fetch related payment information (such as last 4 of card, first/last name, address, etc.) from one or more provided custom fields, which is needed to add a payment account or process one-time payment.

Of course the more gateways we can sample from that support this capability the better/smarter/more confident we can be in our design of such a setup. As for now, I'm only aware of Stripe that does this.

We've been looking into this for a while. I wish it were as simple as including javascript, but it's really much more than that. The gateway system would need to be able to interject into the add payment account / process payment in order to fetch related payment information (such as last 4 of card, first/last name, address, etc.) from one or more provided custom fields, which is needed to add a payment account or process one-time payment.

Of course the more gateways we can sample from that support this capability the better/smarter/more confident we can be in our design of such a setup. As for now, I'm only aware of Stripe that does this.

Balanced does this as well.  Which, i was really hoping to write a plugin for it for Blesta but because of this issue I can't.

According to the docs, you could create payment accounts without using javascript (as we've done with Stripe), using their PHP library. BTW, this appears to be a shameless copy of Stripe. :D

The backers for Stripe also back Balanced or something like that.  But the problem with doing it via PHP is that you have to be PCI compliant at that stage because personal data is being sent to the servers.  The point of this is to circumvent PCI compliance by using their JavaScript library. ;)